Where to get 273 Head Gaskets?

-
Thanks Rob. Slick lookin' 65 you got there. We were hoping to find a supplier
that stocked them without having some made. Can you remember how much?
Thanks, toolmanmike

A photo of the vintage 273 gasket set mentioned above. The label says for 64-65 Dart and 64-66 trucks. It probably predates the 318. The bores are 4.064"D. Of course, someone may have switched head gaskets, but seems unlikely. The box had been opened, but probably only to photo for ebay. It has the correct multiple exhaust gaskets and thick rubber seals for the ends of the intake manifold, unlike a later gasket set I have.

This satisfiies me that we aren't compromising by using over-sized gasket bores. I am a Mech Engr who did combustion experiments in grad school, but doubt anyone could make predictions without testing. The worst effect of an air gap is probably increasing unburned HC. I suspect insignificant for performance, but slightly increased emissions. Of course, if the gap fills with carbon, as some noted on rebuilds, that could be beneficial by providing a hot spot to promote ignition in the corners, if not too hot to cause pre-ignition (knocking).

Fel-Pro Gasket Set.jpg

Got my gasket set in today. It was a Fel Pro/Sealed Power #260-1157.
It had 4.060" permatorque head gaskets #8553pt in it. I'll just use those.
Mike

66fs, What fel pro number did you order from Summit? Summit has the Q521SD's
listed as a 3.625 bore size but I saw them listed in a Fel Pro catalog as having over 4" hole. I called Fel Pro tech and they said they don't make small bore Mopar gaskets and that the Q521's were over 4" bore size. toolman

Well I got the Q521SD's and you were right, the Bore is about 4.18 inch Diameter. Will probably return them. Thanks all.

OOps, didn't notice this was a old post.

-
Back