Wheres the mopar?

-

slimjim

Reaction score
This last weekend my girlfriend and I went to the GoodGuy's convention in Pleasonton, CA excited to see all kinds of amazing mopars. There were over 2,000 cars in this show(probibly a little more than 2k) and I only saw ONE Demon, ONE Barracuda, ZERO Dusters, Zero Darts, ONE Challenger, aaannndddd... a few other dodges(lots of old dodge trucks). Not even a Cuda... There was one charger though. I came not only to enjoy the cars and autocross but to take pictures of a GEN 2 Barracuda that way I could have something to look at as I continue to fab up my own sheet metal patches. I have a 68 FB with so much rust on my roof that many of you would even turn away. I needed to take pics of the roof to see the body lines and curves. The one Barracuda that was there was a Conv... so no pictures of the roof for me. The entire time I was there the announcer was bashing on Mopars for failing to show up...which they didnt really. Sooo my question is... where is everybody? Is there some kind of secret date when all the mopars in this country go into hibernation that I dont know about? haha I cant tell you guys how many camaros and mustangs i saw. Just about made me sick. Every corner...and im not even kidding. :wack:

I went to the one in puyallup wa and there was what one would call a respectable showing,but not what I was hoping to see,. Only one 64 Dart vert that I could find. Still a lot of nice cars and enjoyed it

Moe

Im not saying that I didnt have a good time. It was great. The autocross was really fun to watch. I just kind of wished to see some more Mopar guys to chat with.

Same thing at Hot August Nights in 2010. Not too many Mopars and I saw only one Duster.

I didn't attend this year because my Duster wasn't ready.

I had the same experience at the GoodGuy's show in Indianapolis, Indiana ..... I was the only Demon there...... my friends GTX, a Roadrunner, couple Duster's, and a couple Swinger's and a Charger that was a #1 restored car ..Nice!!..... but that was about it out of about 2 or 3 thousand cars-trucks ....... I had a great time, but like ya said ..." Where is the Mopar crowd"

Hey slimjim -
You and your girfriend need to take a couple drives to see bunches of Mopars. Try Spring Fling and Fall Fling in Van Nuys and the Moparty At The Strip in Las Vegas in 2012.
My club, Inland Mopars, is also putting on an all-Mopar show in Irwindale next May. Watch FABO for a thread announcement giving all the details.

I dont go to those shows anymore. I save my time and money for the mopar nats and the chrysler classic events. Almost nothing better than to be at all mopar shows for the cars, parts and racing and like minded individuals.

Mopars wait for events like Mopar Fest and Carlise,Mopar Nats!! We are fussy buggers!

And Monster Mopar Weekend :cheers: ........

ya I been to the Nat's more than a few times ( see windshield in avatar ) but Its fun to do different things see other stuff. It makes you appreciate your love of Mopar even more. I just kinda thought there would be a few more mopars there. :protest: I most likely would attend another event..... with the Demon, just to represent ....Mopar. :glasses7:

I hope to include my 67 fastback as soon as it's ready, getting close now. Went to the Lake Tahoe August nights and there were a few E bodies, one Dart and one first gen Barracuda, my goal is to have mine there this coming August. Mr. Williams, is that the world famous Golden Bear in your avatar?

67hfish, yes that is the famous Golden Bear haha. Its nice to see some people from the bay area on here. Ill keep a lookout on this forum for the mopar only events. Im tired of seeing the usual. Thanks for the info everyone.

shoulda told me you were going! i was there too, its about a 40 minute drive from where i live...i also was watching the autocross races. pretty neat. did you see that big black guy almost crash his shelby gt500? good thing those cars have huge brakes on em, or it would have been DONE...

Mopardude318 I went on Sunday so I didnt get to see the shelby. The last run of the event was this silver oldies truck(forgot what make). He was drifting all the corners nd really putting on a good show. He took first and whooped a track built stang and camaro. It was pretty awesome. Do you know of any other autocross events around here?

That is pretty sad, I went to the Goodguys in New York a couple years ago, and there was some nice Mopars there, not a lot, but some. Why would you guy's only want to go to Mopar shows? I would think that you would want to represent, and show up all those Fords, and Chevy's. I plan on going this year since they moved it closer to me, Springfield MA. hope to run it in the autocross, and show em' what a Hemi Dart can do.

I wish I could be there to see the look on all those chebby and ferd guys faces haha. Very rarely does a hemi come out to put all those bandwagon people in their places. ahhh.. that would be great to watch.

Hey slimjim -
You and your girfriend need to take a couple drives to see bunches of Mopars. Try Spring Fling and Fall Fling in Van Nuys and the Moparty At The Strip in Las Vegas in 2012.
My club, Inland Mopars, is also putting on an all-Mopar show in Irwindale next May. Watch FABO for a thread announcement giving all the details.

He ain't lying! You want Mopars, go to one of the flings! Just be sure to get there early and have all day.

-
Back