Which Carb/Intake Combo?

-
Ede and 600 would work well. Watch the metering on that 600, sometimes they are whacked out. The 3310 would likely be better right away from an overall metering standpoint.
I hear ya Rob. I put tested the 600 on my 340 w/ AFR gauge, a few months ago. It seemed pretty close- a little lean on off idle transition and high speed cruise out of the box, but I got it close with some minor tweaking. I haven't tested the 750 though. It was just a parts carb that I was able to put together with some extra parts in case we want to use it.

The iron is probably a spreadbore

Yes it is. Stock '79 spreadbore pick-up manifold. I do have the adapter plate though. It's a mess and would require a ton of elbow grease. Want it?? LOL

I'd go for the 650 Eddy Thunder Series carb.

I have tested the Ede 600,650,750 on my 360 Dart.
The 600 runs like a champ, only missing out on the very top end to the 650.
The 650 is the best all around running carb of the 3 on my Dart.
I never could get the 750 to run as well as the other 600 or 650.
All of these test were on a mild 360 with RPM intake.

The reason I suggested the 600, is for a couple reasons.
1. Its going on a truck, where low end and drivebility is what you would usually look for.
2. Because they are inexpensive $. People are practically giving them away. Where as the 650 is kind of spendy. I also like Edys for the fact that they hook right up to the factory linkages.
Economical, reliable, performance, easy use, RPM Ede 600 my choice.

I hear ya Rob. I put tested the 600 on my 340 w/ AFR gauge, a few months ago. It seemed pretty close- a little lean on off idle transition and high speed cruise out of the box, but I got it close with some minor tweaking. I haven't tested the 750 though. It was just a parts carb that I was able to put together with some extra parts in case we want to use it.

If that's the case, run the 600 and tweak it to run on this engine.

No thanks on the spacer!!! :)

-
Back