Which Dart would you do?

-

Rare TA

Reaction score
Hi all,
I could use a little advice on this problem. I have a '68 Dart 270, 273-904, that I was going to do for the wife to drive. It needs.....Well Everything!!
It is all there but there isn't anything that dosn't need touching plus she wants it Pink which I'm haveing a tough time putting on a '68.

Now the dalema. I have a chance to pick up this '73 Swinger. It's a 318-904 factory AC with disc already and large bolt pattern. I can get it for $200.00 and I would not have a problem putting Pink on it and it's a much easier car to fix. In either car I have a 360-727 that I will be using.
I just think a '70's color doesn't look right on a '60's car.

What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance!!

dart04 copy.jpg

dart05 copy.jpg

dart01 copy.jpg

Drt_0004.jpg450.jpg

Drt_0002.jpg450.jpg

I am going to change the color on my Dart, but I am going to stick with a factory color for that year.

I personally like the 68 but pink doesn't sit well for me on that car. The 73 seems to have more going for it based on the pictures

The 73 for a daily driver. The 68 for a toy. Whatever you do; for god's sake don't paint it pink! :vom: Please!!!

Thank you!

I already have a grill and two fenders for the '68. I also have another set of tail lights in fact there isn't much I need to find for it. So I think they are both about the same as far as having a complete cars. The wife and I were just talking about the '73 in pink for her and when it's done how about a big block '68 for ME!

I would have a hard time putting pink on either car. Maybe you can talk her into a different color. lol

Paint the 73 pink and dump a big block in the 68.
My girlfriend almost chose panther pink for her 72 scamp but then she decided on plum crazy.

A friend had a '68 and just had to paint it pink, always wanted a pink Mopar. Well, he did it and guess what? It just didn't look right and he was unhappy with it.
I agree with the others here, do the '73 for the wife (first!), then do the '68 for yourself.
FWIW, here's what I would do (pending the wife's approval, of course!). If the 318-904-a/c is good, don't change it out. That is a nice economical combo and most women like a/c since their clothes don't get wrinkled. Lose the bumper guards to clean up the front and rear end. Paint the grille semi-gloss black then highlite the edges in silver to give it a more sporty look. Paint the car pink. Put a black top on it and paint it semi-gloss black below the rocker mouldings. Lose the stick-on side mouldings. A blackout hood and cowl would also look nice, a scoop would be sporty. If the budget allows a go-wing would be nice. Do the interior in black and white, white seats and door panels, black trim. You could probably dye many of your original parts to save money.
If you can do alot of the work yourself the '73 can be done on a fairly reasonable budget.
Then, you can go crazy on your triple black B/B '68! :thumbup:
Dallas
missourimopar.com

'73 to your wife, and if she really demands to painted pink, you have to buy her own parking lot not so far away from home...

That is what i would do in that case... :toothy10:

And keeping '68 for my self...

One more thought on pink paint, guys. I am a male now 52 yrs
old. I had a Panther Pink 70 Duster for 10 years. Only sold it
about 5 years ago. I had no problems driving it. And it was a
chick magnet. Go ahead and paint the 73 pink. It will look good
and don't worry about driving it.

i have a factory GTS 383 68 DART, The car was damaged about 2 months ago, in the Drivers Side Quarter Panel, the car is Medium Green Metallic, from the factory with the White Bumblebee Stripe, I always wanted a "PANTHER PINK DART", so I had the Car Painted PANTHER PINK, it looks G R E A T, we all know it's a 1970 Dodge color, but I must tell you that is sould have been a color option in the mid 60's. I would suggest that anyone who wants to change the color of their car, dopn't give up your dream. Besides there were too many Green cars produced, and you got to love those " HIGH IMPACT COLOR CHOICES............

MOPAR CHARLIE

Rare TA I whole heartedly agree, I am not fond of seeing the sublime, plumcrazy or panther pink type colors on the older cars. But that just what I would do on my car. You should do what you want on your cars.

Chuck

Id go with the 73 unless you have unlimited money for bodywork ,if the 68 body was better then i`d go with that -

Picture 253.jpg

Do the 73 in pink.
Looks like its an easier fix, and i'd hate to see that poor 68 270 get done up in pink.

I like mine in white !

I would like the 68 lemon twist and in my yard. :thumbup:

Throw a nice 340 or 383 on there with 727 and your good to go

A nice blue would do. I already have the best green one :salute: :tongue9:

that will make it hard to wait for spring. :cussing:
real nice soundin dart :thumbup:

-
Back