Which gears?

-

ant.slant6

B5BlueDemon
Reaction score
Which gears would be a good choice for a 8.75 rear end 489 case? I have a 340 with a 833. I would be using the car as a daily driver but i would like to take it to the track also. thanks:burnout:

How far do you drive the car? how often? 3:55s are a good all around gear, 3:91s would make the car a little quicker at the track. I'd say either one of those is a good choice.

I took the 391s out of mine it geared it too low to suit me but it sure had the power. Im happy with the 355 25 inch tires.

im going to be driving to and from school, about 20 miles a day. its a work in progress right now. but its coming off the ground pretty fast.

im pretty good with money, plus im still living with my parents which is a major plus considering that im paying for my own school. :sad8:

i have a custom camshaft from Bullet cams. with tti headers, so im building it to be more street performance.

yup, 3.23-3.55. you can build a 340 to use a 2.93 but it needs some RV cam, not really what a 340 is famous for, but in a light car, the 2.76 will haul *** once it gets to speed.

3.23 are hard to beat if you have to do much highway driving.

I have 3.23 in mine most of the time and an extra 4.30 carrier when I feel the need to have some serious fun.

-
Back