Which Intake LD4B or Air Gap

-

My73Scamp

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to know which intake would be best for my application.

318 w/360 heads converting from a 2bl carb to 4bl carb. Is there a specific model intake that I would need since I am putting 360 heads on the car. I have had suggestions for both the LD4B and the Air Gap.

Input is appreciated. :thumblef:

Whats the rest of the engine like? Cam, comp. ratio and carb.

Strictly Stock! But I am thinking about a Cam too......I guess I am trying to build this for speed because I want to put a 727 with a shift kit in it too. :thumblef:

OK, I'll say RPM with a head milling and moderate cam. The LD4B is a 318 port sized intake that could be opened up a bit. The 360's are alot for the teen. If your going to use the heads, They'll need to be milled a little for a better ratio and might as well use the newwer intake with it.

What cam are you thinking of and with what gears?
Headers or not?

The RPM Air Gap is an awesome intake. I give credit to Edlebrock for creating it. Very well designed and made. They make others for the 318 in general...just depends on how bad you want to RPM's, torgue, horsepower, etc etc. Back to what Rumblefish360 said....what kind of cam you plan to use and also what gears? I hope you plan to add headers if you want to have a race/speed engine. Got to let your engine exhale as well as inhale. Hughes, Comp and Crane are in my opinion some of the best people to get cams off of. For gears you are kinda limited if you still have the old 7 1/4 rear end... small rearend that can't handle alot of power. If you want to upgrade a 8 1/4 should be good but if you want go with the 8 3/4. Well hope this helps you in some way....remember MOPAR OR NO CAR!

I would use the # 302 heads on a 318
and with those heads an LD4B.

A medium cam, and dual exhaust off the stock exhaust manifolds,
works good for a 318.

I used a Mopar Performance cam. .430/.450 lift.

Stock 2:94 rear gears, the car runs nice, has a little rumble
at idle, and still is good on gas on the road.

Edelbrock # 1406 carb, and electronic ignition works for me.

The 273 was tired, so i rebuilt a 318 to put in the old car. ;)

http://www.moparpages.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4895&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

I think you can read the LD4B in the picture.
2549july_3rd_2005_Pittsfield_car_show_003-med.jpg

That's a good combination of parts for that 318 caveman. I ran a similar combo in the 66 Vart for about 10 years, and even with the 2.76 gears it would still rumble pretty good. Those 2.76's made for a scary top end run. :) I'm still running the Carter AFB on the 360 and to me it's a great street carb.

I guess I need to do some homework before I fall on my face with this project. Milling the heads, gears (i have to check that), and cams....I guess I better buy a book for this project. Thanks for the help everyone

Jack :notworth:

-
Back