which is more streetable-comp cam?

-
Yes I understand the minus- positive in figuring comp ,was just explaining that minus was referring to 'down in the hole' ......not above deck....thanks for all ur input...my figures for comp r slightly higher than urs maybe the calculator site I'm using differs....still aint sure what I'll do yet but I'm sure I'll get more replies and input along the way....I get the impression that I'm not making any believers in this combo but this same engine in a 70charger 4spd-4.10 geared full weight ran 12.40's with the 562-300 cam but it did...and in the day was in last 2 yrs....same exactblk heads cam/pistons...????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dude....we're not sayin the combo didn't run and wasn't fast. get the frikkin wax outta your eyes. Put it back like it was if that's what you want. We're tryin to tell you how to make it better.

Honestly, I would have said it was too much for what you had, and the only reason it ran what it did was the rpms. Because really that's all you do by raising or lowering static compression. You move the power peak rpm points making an engine fit what you're doing better. With the auto, lower gears, and less weight, plus the ability of a good convertor, I'd say advance the cam 4-6° and run it again. You're only looking at about .520 lift and 265 @ .050 is big, but not massively big. By advancing it you'll bring the peak torque down to where a decent race convertor can help with the loss of low end. I'd also shave the heads as much as you're comfortable and intake flange to match, and run a steel shim gasket. If you can provide the lobe number (not sizes, Comp's lobe part number) and the cam card info (for the intake closing event, ICL, and LSA) then we can play more with ideas...

It would be nice if you could score a (relatively) inexpensive set
of aluminum heads (ex. 440 source). You could run (and benefit
from) at least another point of compression without the threat of
detonation.

Comp cam--xe290s-10--valve adj-int..016--exh.018.....gross valve lift with 1.5 ratio .540int-.558exh--with 1.6 ratio .578int--.597exh....duration @.015 290-298---valve [email protected] 39intBTDC 83exhBBDC[OPEN] CLOSE71ABDC-35ATDC.........106 INTAKE CENTERLINE---duration @.050 int 252 exh 260 lobe seperation 110.0......................................The [email protected] has same lobe seperation and 108centerline.........these are both comp cam solid lift cams....and my rockers are 1.6 ratio..which is the only deviation or change made to engine.....I do have some 3.91 gears I could move up to from 3.73's....at this time I will probably us the 2nd shtblk with a thicker head gasket and use the 77cc head for comp ratio of 9.91 and the xe290-10 cam ----and not the 562-300cam or the 1st shtblk.....I'm contacting Bobby at BJR for more input and Bill/Dale Gebhart in OK who are the only ones I know personally that have tried and tested just about everything MOPAR and wont kick my teeth in.....thanx to all ur input........will keep u all posted as to the results...

You seem dead set to run it like it was....so run it. I say who gives a **** if it could be faster? Go have fun with the damn thing.

Wow... BJR... you trust that hack?

Like I wrote, put it in at 102 and let it rip

Stroker ur a freakin moron...I have tried to be nice and respectful but ur just an ***.... and why I have no clue..and u apparantly dont know crap about mopars except what u read in books and they were probably comics....now hows that feel to be disrespected and kicked to the curb??? As far as Bobby at BJR who is very knowledgable about engines and MOPARS...who has tried and tested and proven his expertise many times over with countless combos....regardless of the fact u may have a personal issue with him he is not a hack or a phoney...He knows his trade very well and has set some standards and has set the bar very high in performance that no one else attempted to achieve and THEY WORK....sometimes I dont understand how they do but they do, just like some people dont understand how or why my engine combo worked but it did...just because the books say or tell u this cant be done or this cant work or joey jerkoff the guru says it doesnt or cant doesnt mean jack crap in the reality world.....sorry to vent but I came on here for some info and input expecting positive friendly results and most guys on here seem to be as such but u always have to have some smartassed knowitall negative prick in the bunch that just doesnt know when to shut the hell up.....I got my combo figured out and I thank all that offered their input and again I'm sorry for venting but I couldnt take any longer and I may get booted for these comments or this may get deleted but I dont care....this is a MOPAR SITE not a soap opera or drama site for **** disturbers....I'm done and gonna sign out for good and I aint even gonna chk back to see what was said or done...good luck to all and long live MOPARS:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

Stroker ur a freakin moron...I have tried to be nice and respectful but ur just an ***.... and why I have no clue..and u apparantly dont know crap about mopars except what u read in books and they were probably comics....now hows that feel to be disrespected and kicked to the curb??? As far as Bobby at BJR who is very knowledgable about engines and MOPARS...who has tried and tested and proven his expertise many times over with countless combos....regardless of the fact u may have a personal issue with him he is not a hack or a phoney...He knows his trade very well and has set some standards and has set the bar very high in performance that no one else attempted to achieve and THEY WORK....sometimes I dont understand how they do but they do, just like some people dont understand how or why my engine combo worked but it did...just because the books say or tell u this cant be done or this cant work or joey jerkoff the guru says it doesnt or cant doesnt mean jack crap in the reality world.....sorry to vent but I came on here for some info and input expecting positive friendly results and most guys on here seem to be as such but u always have to have some smartassed knowitall negative prick in the bunch that just doesnt know when to shut the hell up.....I got my combo figured out and I thank all that offered their input and again I'm sorry for venting but I couldnt take any longer and I may get booted for these comments or this may get deleted but I dont care....this is a MOPAR SITE not a soap opera or drama site for **** disturbers....I'm done and gonna sign out for good and I aint even gonna chk back to see what was said or done...good luck to all and long live MOPARS:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

I have no idea what you're talkin about. You come on here askin for help. I took time outta my day to give you some. I wasnt bein nasty, smartass or nothin. you took it that way. My last post simply said if you're dead set on runnin it like you want, do it and have fun. That's all. And I get this?? As for Bobby Joseph.....I said nothin about him. That wasn't me. That was somebody else. No need to be a total jerk off to me when I just tried to help you and wish you the best.

I gave you what I thought and didn't question the cam choices.

have a good one.

Damn. I guess I'm just stuck with the hoof prints.

What help? all u did was ***** n moan kinda like ur pic actually reflects what u r about...stay in the closet with ur pee-wee herman doll....i lied about coming back on...so sue me....doesnt feel very good to be on the recieving end of it does it....??? I will be nice if u wont be a deek..........Final results on engine combo is as follows..............I aint made up my mind yet......I have made my choice of cams and will use the [email protected] solid with the 1.6 rockers, not sure yet on shtblk or comp ratio... sold other cam-lifters-pushtubes so thats out...:evil4::evil4::evil4:

Good choice. Advance it to get some cylinder pressure and it will be fine. Would more static compression be nice, SURE, but you got what you got so find a way to make it work!

Be a good squeeze cam!

Wow my thoughts exactly......the clown is down....must've been the pee wee herman doll comment......Im soorrry....Im not soorry...now where was I...if u take a slant 6 and bore it .090 and use a 302 piston with a chebie rod..and stroke it ...............

probably have to go with a min comp of 9.2+....kinda lookin like 9.75comp at moment...was trying to stay away from mixing fuel and be streetable but it is what it is

Wow my thoughts exactly......the clown is down....must've been the pee wee herman doll comment......Im soorrry....Im not soorry...now where was I...if u take a slant 6 and bore it .090 and use a 302 piston with a chebie rod..and stroke it ...............

stroker....ur a funny what ever u r....and I forgive u...now can we resume this Mopar discussion or is my momma gonna have to choke u into submission?? LMAO......Ur lip stick makes u look fat...maybe ur thongs to tight....bad hair day???

-
Back