Which leaf springs, also need shock plate info

-

mc-g

Reaction score
Alright everyone, I'm in the middle of an 8.75 swap in my '73 Dart, and I'm replacing EVERYTHING in the rear suspension. My car has a stock 440 under the hood, and I'm running 3.55 gears. I won't be racing at all, just having some fun cruising and beating on the car a bit here and there.

So which springs are best for my application? Most answers I've read through get vague. I dont mind a little rake. My springs are old and saggy, therefore I dint even know what stock rude height will look like.

Also, can I re-use my shock plates from my 7.25 if I make the holes a tad bigger? Is that safe? Thanks in advance. Feel free to include pics

My springs were just like yours,I got XHD 1 inch over stock has some lift not like the SS springs,I think you would be happy with them.and yes you could open thoes holes up to work,but for a few bucks get the right ones,also you will need new U bolts anyway.

I almost placed an order with springs and things....but realized I should check with you all first to be sure.

Cool! I found a set of MP comp 864/865 2800# abody springs on craigslist, but I doubt those are what I need. Hahahaha

I used MP Super Stock Springs 863/864, and some Allstar Performance shock plates and U-bolts when I swapped my 8.25 in. Not too much rake, and the ride is pretty comfortable.

Thanks fellas.

Black Brick.....I enjoyed your build thread!!! Kind of inspired me to start a build thread too!!!:-D

I almost placed an order with springs and things....but realized I should check with you all first to be sure.

springs and things is a great place to get springs. good product and good customer service..

-
Back