Which lug nuts for Centerline Autodrag

-

Fury

Reaction score
I bought a set of centerline auto drag but poorly without lug nuts.
I want to use them on my 65 barracuda has the sbp with 5x4

Thread is 7/16" /20 RH?

will these fit?

Specifications:
Lug Nut Thread Size = 7/16" x 20 Thread Pitch
Thread Configuration = Right Hand
Shank Diameter = 0.685" inches (17mm)
Shank Depth = 0.750" inches (19mm)

http://store.moparshop.de/Produktkategorien/Felgen-Reifen/Lug-Nuts-7-16-RH.html?listtype=search&searchparam=lug%20nut

washer i have small ones with 1 inch diameter for the small pattern.

I have those on the front. My lugs are .685 shank, 1.250 shank length, 7/16-20 with a 1.00 hardened washer. Yeah, so pretty much the same nut with a longer shank. I got mine for .75 or a buck a piece at a Mopar show new from a vendor called Lugnut King. youll want the longest shank you can run with centerlines as that is the supporting member.

Make sure you get the right LH or RH thread for the correct side.

threads are on both sides RH at the small bolt axles.
the wheel is 17mm thick and the lug nut shank is 17mm
but the washer thickness is 3mm. I guess there are enough turns on the threads anyway.

I always get a nut that has a shank that comes out 1/8" short of going completely through the wheel lug hole. You install the washer and put the lug nut in the wheel (with the wheel off the car) and check to see how far the shank goes through the wheel. You always want to catch as many threads as possible. You can measure with a skinny measuring tape but I never install new lug nuts without putting a proper washer on the lug nut and installing in the wheel while it's off the car. There's nothing more dangerous than having a lug nut shank bottom out against the disc/drum surface, you'll never get the wheel tight against the hub that way!! And there's also nothing worse than not catching enough threads only to strip one out!!

treblig

yes of course a lug nut with a to long shaft would´t press the wheels against the drum.
But i think 0.12 inch to short isn´t that bad because it´s long length to catch threats (0.55 inch) otherwise my buddy could laser cut some washers out of stainless steel with less thickness maybe 004/008 inch
cheers julian

yes of course a lug nut with a to long shaft would´t press the wheels against the drum.
But i think 0.12 inch to short isn´t that bad because it´s long length to catch threats (0.55 inch) otherwise my buddy could laser cut some washers out of stainless steel with less thickness maybe 004/008 inch
cheers julian

I think I know what you were trying to say, "yes of course a lug nut with a to long shaft would´t press the wheels against the drum". What you meant to say was that if the lug nut shank is too long it will hit against the drum before it makes contact with the rim, leaving the rim loose. And yes, .12 is enough leeway but remember when you torque the lug nut it will probably decrease from .12 down to something less than .12. Standard practice is to get at least as many threads engaged as the diameter of the bolt. A 1/2" bolt/stud needs at least 1/2" worth of thread engagement.

OH, I forgot....if your using the flat faced lug nuts (not the cone shaped ones) you should use the proper concave compression washers.

Good luck, I think you're on the right track...
Treblig

-
Back