Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What are your opinions on manifolds for an EZ-EFI street going 360 stroker
with an EZ-EFI?

Single plane or dual like an Air Gap???

With a solid Hughes cam with a sweet spot of 1800-6100

Stage 3 ported Eddy heads

any ideas??

I say buy a tunnel ram, add injector bungs and build a top for a front mount throttle body. That's what I want to do!

Something like this.

Super Victor EFI & fuel rails, Edelbrock 4150 throttle body, MegaSquirt II EFI controller!! Something like this!
jl41ol.jpg

I am pretty sure the FAST Efi does not require the Bosses in the intake for Injectors so you can run whatever you want.

I did the Super Victor with 160lb Injectors, running a Megasquirt MSX3.

For your set up, I like the M1 myself but that is just me.

Dang, read it too fast. Missed that it was the EZ-EFI, and it was underlined and everything!

You could still do the TR, like djvcuda did with the dual throttle bodies, but that wasn't what I was thinking of.

Sorry.

If you were going to be using a TPI system intake manifold choice is a single plane. The only thing the intake does is move air, no fuel. Pretty much every tpi setup I have even seen is a single plane. If you look at Mass Flo EFI's site in the catalog I think the only thing you will see is single planes. But a tbi setup I do not think this applies.....

Dang, read it too fast. Missed that it was the EZ-EFI, and it was underlined and everything!

You could still do the TR, like djvcuda did with the dual throttle bodies, but that wasn't what I was thinking of.

Sorry.

Dion R,
I missed it too, and I am also looking to do what you mentioned. Bought an edelbrock tunnel ram for a small block a month or two back. This will be a long term build for me. Is there a write up on how to do this?

Mike

Dion R,
I missed it too, and I am also looking to do what you mentioned. Bought an edelbrock tunnel ram for a small block a month or two back. This will be a long term build for me. Is there a write up on how to do this?

Mike
Might want to contact Richard at Fastmanefi , he is pretty damn knowledgeable about EFI. If you are going to use tpi will probably be nothing more than welding the injector bungs in the right spots and bolting on the throttle bodies.....

Edel RPM or airgap. Even a port-o-sonic. Heck, anything is going to work. once you get into TPI, then single plane is the way to go as they become a dry intake and atomization suspension is not a problem. Single planes lack low end with a carb because the intake signal at the carb is lower than a dual plane and that is what brings in the fuel, injectors meter the correct dose every time, right at the valve, or at least spraying into it.

I've only seen 2 write ups.

One guy did it on his Dakota, added injector bungs to a Weiand TR and bolted dual throttle bodies on it. Link

The other was a guy who added the injector bungs to the same Weiand intake as above but built a new box like top in place of the carb mounts and bolted a throttle body to the end of that. Here's a build thread.

In regards to the original question, sounds like kind of a serious motor to me with ported heads and a solid roller cam. I'd guess you should pair that setup with a sigle plane intake, regardless of whether it was a carb or TBI.

The thing is, "is this really true?" If the intake becomes less important because it's "dry," then why do all the manufacturers have a LOT of design into intakes? The Mopar "beer barrel" is one glaring example. Even my old 86 2.9 Ranger (Batch, but yet port injection) has a fairly complicated design, and some ram effect, judging from the runner length and plenum---front mounted TB

The thing is, "is this really true?" If the intake becomes less important because it's "dry," then why do all the manufacturers have a LOT of design into MPFI intakes? The Mopar "beer barrel" is one glaring example

Without fuel they can bend the runners into curley ques without having to worry about whether or not the fuel would follow, and gain a sustantial abmount of ram air effect at a designed RPM because of it.

The beer barrel was designed to make gobs of low end torque, and has super long runners that couldn't have been packaged easily if it had to flow an air/fuel mixure like before.

Keep in mind the M1 already has the bungs all you have to do is drill and tap.

Even with all the plumbing being internal I was told that the HEMI's that have been dynoed with these intakes made the same power as when they had carbs on them.....actually slightly more if I remember correctly. Kinda points to intake design being a bit less critical when you go to a port injection arrangement.....imo......

Attachments

• IMG_2346 (Medium).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 438
Keep in mind the M1 already has the bungs all you have to do is drill and tap.

Can you post a link to where an M1 already has the bungs? I looked all over the place for one before I bought the Super Victor.

I didn't even see where they had the pads to accept the bungs. I am pretty sure the bung holes need to be drilled and then the bungs WELDED onto the intake runners and then the Hold Down pad would need to be machined in as well along with being drilled and tapped.

Can you post a link to where an M1 already has the bungs? I looked all over the place for one before I bought the Super Victor.

I didn't even see where they had the pads to accept the bungs. I am pretty sure the bung holes need to be drilled and then the bungs WELDED onto the intake runners and then the Hold Down pad would need to be machined in as well along with being drilled and tapped.

I dont have a link but here is a pic of my M1 on my magnum.

1001051p.jpg

I dont have a link but here is a pic of my M1 on my magnum.

1001051p.jpg

That is the difference right there. I am using LA Heads. I guess someone could have their machinist drill the intake for LA Mounting and do all the other machine work for the bungs and hardware.

The M1 would be one expensive intake though well over $600.00 by the time you are done doing the conversion/machine work to make it work. Most would be better off just using the Super Victor because it is already done for half the $$. I don't believe you would tell any difference between the two with Direct Port Injection.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...-super-victor-efi-intake-manifolds/make/dodge

-
Back