Which Mc Leod Pressure Plate would you recommend

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am trying to determine which Mc Leod pressure plate to use with my 416 stroker. Torque is 500 foot pounds or more from 2500 to 5000 RPM. Max revs will be around 6,000 RPM. Gear ration is 3.55. This is a street build for decent handling and will not be used with sticky street/strip tires or slicks for drag racing. Will have 8" rear rims with performance oriented handling tires.

I am planning to run a Mc Leod diaphram clutch and disc combination. Mc Leod recommended their dual friction 260521 11" disc and one of 2 10.95" pressure plates
- 360710 wth a clamp load of 2,500 pounds
- 360709 with a clamp load of 2,900 pounds

I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with these pressure plates, or similar diaphram pressure plates, and the pedal feel and effort required to run them on the street. Is there a big difference I drivability and effort with the 2,900 pound clamp force unit? I am thinking the 2,500 pound unit will be sufficient especially given I will not be drag racing and will not have massive traction with the tire combination I have (potential for lots of spin).

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Go with the 2900# one.
I have a Centerforce dual friction street/strip clutch in my car (very similar) and the pedal effort isn't that easy.
It works well and is very smooth, but it is a bit of effort to push it in. Much more than stock, but letting it out is lighter if you can imagine that. ( And yes, i do have my over center spring removed).

Thanks for your suggestions. Sounds like the 2900 pound is the way to go.

X's 2 on the 2900#

Let's us know how it works for you.

-
Back