Which one would you choose?

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
If someone said you can have one of the 2 darts outside to build and you looked. (Both /6 auto cars)first one is a 70 with a bad bady but a fantastic interior and the other is a 73 with a great body but the interior is pretty rough. Which one would you build?

New 70 dart #3.jpg

New 70 dart #4.jpg

my 73.jpg

my 73 #2.jpg

Take the 73, (if you can live with the pointy nose) interior work is much easier and cheaper than body work, plus you may get disc brakes on the 73. The other one looks pretty rusty. Do you only get one?
Bruce

I prefer the grill, front sheetmetal and bumper(s) treatment of the '70.. would probably swap them on to the '73, personally.

speedyb-cc is right on.

Big bolt pattern, disk brakes, and If your starting out with a solid body your are money ahead!

Grab the marker lights also if they are any good. If you don't use them, sell em and put the money into the 73

the 73 would be a better investment but the 70 is just so much better looking....

I thought about changing the front ends but I have a friend that has a scabbed up cuda that can't get anybody to even look at it to buy, thinking it's been totaled out. He just like the other front end better.

Oh yeah, I'd take a totally rat infested, ruined, missing interior over body work any day.

You can bolt in a new interior piece by piece in a matter of a couple hours, body work just plain sucks.

i concur with the rest before I even read their replies, interior work is easier for the layman to do oneself than bodywork.... and cheaper to farm out, having done so with both kinds of work thus far.

and put them on the 73,then youll have something!Trust me,i have a 71 and a 73,everybody likes the 71,hardly anybody likes my 73,and its body is near mint,the 71 is wrinkled from front to back.If you dont want the 70 front clip,is it for sale seperatly?put it on here for sale,put the money in the 73

Grab up the 73 Vic!! :cheers:
I looked at them last year with my son.
Remember.:happy10:

Yep definetly the 73.8)

Deffinately the '70,one of the things i dislike most about the '73 and up a-bodies is the pointed nose...

I can only have one so I am leaning toward the 73 just for ease of body work. It needs some front fender work but I can bolt on fenders.

What do you think a restored 73 would be worth with a slightly built 400/727 shift kit, dana 60 3:73 compared to the 70?

see iff they'll let you switch the interior and front nose from the 70 to the 73 and thatke the 73, if not still take the 73, body condition is far more inportant then interior.

Thanks Memike, I think a little more talking to small blk is in order.

I talked to him this week end at the car show,
and said you help him allot
around his cars,
I seen a big nice front yard at small blocks place
maybe you could help him there and he will make it happen.:cheers:

Tell him I said hello and let it go.:rock:

the 73 would be a better investment but the 70 is just so much better looking....

Gotta agree with that one. I'd still get'em both and practice body work on the '70.

I would go with the 1970....

Good luck with your decision.

Either would be great. But keep in mind - no matter what others say a '73 can look excellent when done right... :bootysha:

DartRearLeft.jpg

Thank you MichaelB for showing me your beautiful 73, that is very inspiring. I think they are all excellant and unique in thier own ways and with the right motor very fun.

well i would go with the 73, a better starting point. and since you said the finder on the 73 needed work anyway, change to 70 style if YOU don't like the pointed nose. As far as which one will be worth more? That would be in the eye of the beholder. I would not look at it which will be worth more, but which will give me more pleasure in the long run. Less body work meansquicker to get on the road. plus interior parts can be bought and replaced after you are driving it. Harder to do body work and drive at the same time.

vic, bring a trailer and come on down to s fla and buy either my 74 slant 6 show quality body and paint duster or my wicke fast 71 dart that will go into the 9s .3200 duster 10k dart for specs and pix email me [email protected] you wont be disappointed

If my last project would sell, I would be more than happy to explore your cars, I would love to see them anyway especially the duster. You can help if you know someone that just has to have a nice 72 El Camino.

-
Back