Which shifter knob is correct for 1965 Dart 4-sp Hurst?

-

Stumpy

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen both plain black and white knobs on 65 A833 cars. At first I thought if it had the chrome floor bezel with the shift pattern it got the plain black until I saw an advertisement or service document somewhere with the bezel and white knob with the shift pattern. Did the colors change with interior color or was it whatever Bob the shifter guy grabbed out of his supply box?

IMG_4483.jpeg

IMG_4487.jpeg

That's a good question. I'd say use the one you like the best. I am unaware of any rhyme or reason. That said, I think the white one kinda stands out better. I like it.

I’ve seen both plain black and white knobs on 65 A833 cars. At first I thought if it had the chrome floor bezel with the shift pattern it got the plain black until I saw an advertisement or service document somewhere with the bezel and white knob with the shift pattern. Did the colors change with interior color or was it whatever Bob the shifter guy grabbed out of his supply box?
My 64 Barracuda, 273, 2 barrel, Hurst, 4 speed, without console was white. Same gold interior.

Last edited:
On the mannual transmission it's wrong. They didn't add a shifting knob w/pattern if you already had it on the console.

if you're running a 3/4 race cam the chrome skull with ruby eyes is standard equipment.

-
Back