Which state to live in?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
Well I am getting out of school in a couple of weeks and have decided that now is a good time to move around. I just can not figure out where to move to. I was thinking somewhere west in the mountains. I figured this would be a great place to ask since people from all over the nation are on here daily, so what are your thoughts? I like hunting, fishing, climbing, hiking...pretty much all outdoors stuff so I am not really wanting to go into a big city.

Colorado is at the top of my list honestly, I don't know about the politics in the state but I visited there about 10 years ago and really enjoyed it. Only place I would prob. avoid would be Boulder.

Boulder has a very strange group of people most are students all with different ideas makes it a melting pot of crap. Some very highly rated areas are Ft Collins, Longmont,The area north of Thornton, all within 15 minutes of the mountains great views easy commutes.

I'd pick a "politically red state", especially if you regard the US Constitution as the law of the land, and you cherish your Human rights, your constitutional right, liberties and freedoms.

Can't help ya because its all personal preference. What I can say is make sure you go a place with jobs.

I was looking at job openings which is why i decided to hop on here and post this actually haha. Seems like plenty of places have open criminal justice jobs. I am really debating between Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and Wyoming. If I decided to stay a little closer to my family though I was thinking Tennesse, NC, or Virginia. Everyone chime in and Frankie I understand where your coming from but I fell in love with Colorado and still have hope that they can turn things around.

You might try down here in the south we have everything you are looking for except the climbing. No smog check on cars and mild winters and really hot summers. All the hunting and fishing you want. We are building our industry like auto aero and the supply jobs that go with them.

We love North Carolina, but anywhere you go is going to have its' positives and negatives. Having been in the job market a lot in the last few years, it appears to me the most active job markets are near larger metropolitan areas. However, it you are looking at criminal justice, they are probably more available about anywhere.

NC has everything you are interested in, IMO.

I don't know why anyone would want to live in Utah.

WA, OR, and CA are definite outs on the west.

AZ has one drawback---someplaces still have restrictive smog checks even on older cars, and some have posted here, they even check 67--WHICH NEVER HAD!!!! SMOG!!!CONTROLS!!!

There's always MT if you don't mind cold. I live in Idaho because I'm too poor to leave. The problem with N Idaho is that the whole state is run by the rich tater farmers in Boise--and they have no idea there even IS a N Idaho.

If you don't mind poor schools for your kids, ...........................

(North Idaho --- it's a state of the mind)

Western NC and especially Eastern TN is very nice.

I live in south eastern KY right now for school so I have traveled alot in western NC and eatern TN. I really liked the Boone area of NC and Johnson City TN. If I go west I want to stay close enough to the warm weather that I can will not have to wait for months to get to a open drag strip. and 73Hcode there is actually some good climbing in Alabama, Arkansas, Geogria. I have been kicking around the idea of moving for about a year now and now that I am graduating its time to start trying to figure out where I am heading but my options are still open. Right now a job isnt a huge deal, there are a ton of CJ jobs everywhere from what my searches turned out and I am not trying to be a millionaire so ill take the low paying jobs as long as it pays the bills.

Colorado. I love it here. Fly fishing and camping my favorites. I'm 20 miles SE of Denver. A lot of counties don't have emissions and ya can't beat a cruse in the mountains in a Mopar. Bandimere Speedway ( http://www.bandimere.com/ ) is a top notch facility. Mile High Mopars is a good club. The best part is in the summer when the mercury hits 96 or 98 you can head West and in an hour you'll be driving thru the mountains in 65 or 70 degree temperatures.

I have a friend who runs a Volkswagon performance shop out of Denver, thats my only connection to Colorado.

I was looking at job openings which is why i decided to hop on here and post this actually haha. Seems like plenty of places have open criminal justice jobs. I am really debating between Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and Wyoming. If I decided to stay a little closer to my family though I was thinking Tennesse, NC, or Virginia. Everyone chime in and Frankie I understand where your coming from but I fell in love with Colorado and still have hope that they can turn things around.

Stay away from the 4 corners area. Nothing out here but goofy weather and sand...

Flagstaff, Albuquerque, CO Springs are all places I'd like to be

I spent a week in Flagstaff and CO springs. Really liked both areas. How far bad are the winters in CO springs.

well im from va so im partial to va. i like wv but they have the worst roads in the country and i traveled the country for 6 years tn is one of the prettiest places on the east coast. i worked in mt for a few months a couple years ago and really liked it out there and the dakotas but theres nothing there but open land. thats my pics but everybody has there own favoite place.

Where are you at in VA, I over there almost weekly. What are the smog regulations like there.

Your young, go to as many as you can, stay 6 months or so then move on. Best state I have been to that didn't care if I came home was Hawaii!

I would love to jump around to different states but you have to keep in mind that I am going to want to have my dart with me as well as a Daily driver, and I dont know about working a job for 6 months then leaving and doing it again.

-
Back