Which state to live in?

-
If you want lakes, trees, good looking women, no vehicle inspections, open carry, ability to buy acres of land, reasonable housing costs and a 20 year full retirement in the CJ if you work for the state then Oklahoma has something to offer. All the mountains are in the southeast part of the state but I have no knowledge about them.

the winter in colorado springs is good to fair, not too much snow this year, I am just east of the springs and didn't get enough snow to turn the grass green this spring...
has plenty of fun things to do around here and is an overall friendly place..
we moved here 10 years ago and still love it..

I've lived all over the US, minus new england, and I picked here, good people, strong economy, check it out. Come in the summer, after July 4th, when the really good weather hits.

What PoisonDart74 said above. The Puget Sound is absolutely incredible. We lived in downtown Seattle when we first got married and enjoyed the city life, bounced around for a bit all over the country, then moved back to Whidbey Island and bought a house. Mountains on both horizons, wilderness, fishing, hiking, all within 1 hour of Seattle. People are generally down to earth and there's a good balance of tech/nature.

It rains half the year but the incredible long summers makes it worthwhile.
Puget-by-tripwow.tripadvisordotcom.jpg

i would pick a dry area so the cars can live longer.

since i was brought to the US i was planted in Colorado with my adoptive family but if i could pick i would go to Texas or New Mexico bcoz its warmer there, Colorado can be too dang cold sometimes. i like west Texas

there are plenty of dry areas in New mexico and Texas which would be good for the cars and more warmth for for more cruising.

I agree, our summers last thru november, and spring for us starts in march. LOL. Summers are brutal though. The oppressive heat starts in june thru october. Got good bbq and texmex tho. Most of.our rainfall is in the spring and fall. Hardly any in the middle of summer. We get a little.snowfall in the winter tho. A dusting of an inch or 2. If you love messing with firearms texas is a good place to live too

It depends on what region you want to settle in. In the SW Texas is the only real option anymore. NW Wyoming or Idaho. SE I would look to TN or SC. (I'm in NC and like it but it's fast becoming overtaken by liberals). Upper MW area, the Dakotas. In New England..... I don't think there is much option left - maybe VT or NH?

Personally I would not move to the left coast (or it's new annex, Colorado) for any amount of money nor would I ever return to New England..

Make it an adventure. Why would you want to live in a place where everyone looks, thinks, and believes the same as you do anyway? You're young! If you are a strong person who is centered in your core beliefs you can thrive anywhere. If you are overly-dramatic, claim victimization through bipolar political rhetoric, or simply intolerant to difference then you are going to have a hard time finding the "perfect place" in the USA anymore.

What I have found by living in several different regions of the country and abroad is that people are mostly the same no matter where you go. Choosing a place to live based on the fear-fantasies being spun through media would be most unwise imo.

I just moved from Utah to Oregon and don't even look back. Utah is a very conservative state and there are some very strict religious people. It gets very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter, and the winter drags on forever...

Oregon is awesome!! Lots of Mopar people. The people are friendly and even if your rite in the center of Portland, you can be to Mount Hood in an hour. There's hiking, fishing, biking, etc... rite around the city. I don't know I would ever want to live anywhere else...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=203187

Worshington...........Erroreeeegon. must be joking. Taxes. Taxes. TAXES

Now LOTS of places have some great country and some great people, but why on earth places like WA and OR put up with the govt's they have is beyond me.

Oregon is full of Sasquatches and ax men but enough about my family.

I would invite you to Idaho, but sorry our border is closed for the time being.lol

Worshington...........Erroreeeegon. must be joking. Taxes. Taxes. TAXES

The OP is going into the workforce not retiring. Washington has no income tax. Idaho does. Now compare the job markets of both States and the median incomes.

And not to bash on Idaho, I think it is a beautiful State.

-
Back