**Which style 1350 U Joint**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Going to have a driveshaft made at some point with 1350 U joints, changing everything over, slip yoke, pinion yoke.

I see there are several different versions of the 1350 U Joint. Greasable, non greasable, and different part numbers for the same greasable or non greasable u joints.

Hope to making 800 to the tires. Which ones do I get?

I would definitely use Spicer brand only. I would say the Spicer lifetime series non greasable would be okay.......

that one will be just fine, yes.

i do not have a billet pinion yoke on my dana 60 on my 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton truck, and ive beaten the **** out of it when i go mudding, with big tires, havent broke nutthin yet..but im also not at 800 HP either...LOL. although on my dart's strange S60 unit, (havent run it yet,) i didnt get a billet pinion yoke either, but maybe i shoulda.

im thinking it would be worth the extra money to get the billet stuff just to be safe...i know youll have a loop under ur car and all, but a busted slipyoke at 7000 engine rpm with full power going through it, would definitely not be pretty....

I would definitely use Spicer brand only. I would say the Spicer lifetime series non greasable would be okay.......

Precision used to be a respected brand. Someone on here claimed they are now made overseas. I went on a little "quest" around here, and found that NAPA and at least one other store stocks them. Any of em I found are still made in USA

Hey Louis,I bought my chrme moly driveshaft with 1350 u-joints and 904 slip yoke from Mancinis.They were the only ones that I could find that sold the 904 slip yoke to accept the 1350 u joints.I also run a billet yoke on my Dana.I don,t want to second guess any issues back there.

Hey Louis,I bought my chrme moly driveshaft with 1350 u-joints and 904 slip yoke from Mancinis.They were the only ones that I could find that sold the 904 slip yoke to accept the 1350 u joints.I also run a billet yoke on my Dana.I don,t want to second guess any issues back there.

I am going to go with a 727 on mine. Did you buy the Billet slip yoke also?

Louis, I'd go right to the top of the line with your build at hand. Billet yoke/slip yoke and 1350 size U-J's. Drive shaft material? Your choice.

The non greasable 1350 is the strongest. I have used the stock yokes in my car with no breakage. remember the power is pretty soft at the hit when it matters most.

I'm having a new driveshaft built right know. I purchased chrome moly ends for the shaft and forged tranny and rear end yoke along with 1350 precision non greaseable joints.

I was looking in the the back of my National Dragster and you can buy a new shaft from Strange with all the good stuff for $299. After adding up my parts and what the shop is charging it's about the same money.

I thought the 5-799 was obsolete, post a link if you can!

It's not really obsolete Spicer is just changing part numbers again to keep outside companies from copying there parts...
The 5-799 is the spl30-1x which is changing again to the 5-3615x
Every so many years they pull this nonsense which means for some of us a few hundred thousands part #'s have to be re-learned and changed in the computer.
The outside companies still copy there stuff anyway, it makes no sense why they do this.
Only the 5-800 has been killed which was the AL coated joint for use in AL shafts, along with the 5-786, 5-791 and 5-802 which was a bad move but since they only warranty for 3 years the risk is lower than the failure by the bean counters

-
Back