• New 41” craftsman combo for $678

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 41” lower box for $389

• 52” lower box for $439

• Total voters
-
I like my Husky 52". Kids and wife got it for me last Christmas. My buddy is snap on. His doesnt have the quiet close drawers. He had it painted to match his sublime green custom ram. I like the fact he could trade his in but he has alot of money in it. Both are nice. i quess its all about what you like and can afford.

View attachment 1715806654
My buddy has this one and I helped him move it. Seems like a nice box and I wish I had room for one.

I got a harbor freight I like it i also got a 30 dollar filing cabinet from the local government surplus store for my larger tools. I welded the drawer to the slider and it works fantastic for 30 bucks ! I got the desk too its my work bench.

20201201_153038.jpg

The $750 kobalt box sold.

Heres another option that popped up last night. $400 for the whole setup.

DF56B9F7-3C83-491F-9B42-0C77ED874A00.png

I’d have to agree with No on those. They are just not wide enough. I still like that Husky, or a box from Harbor Freight. Long wide deep drawers are your friend. I’m living with drawers not wide enough and having to turn my wrenches over 1” sideways drives me nuts. I like to stand my sockets up as well, I prefer to have them all in one drawer.

So if I decide to run up to Harbor Freight today (or next time they have a sale) would y’all recommend the Yukon with wooden top or the US General that can be stacked on later?

DD74DF1B-D716-48B6-B715-683B1E283F44.jpeg

796942B5-B2C7-42C9-9248-94B754D83449.jpeg

Well, went to message the guy this morning about coming to look at the snap on box this evening, but it solld yesterday… guess I’ll keep my eyes open for another deal or wait till the next sale at harbor freight.

The mechanic at the yard I work at has a Snap on box
I have a HF box
There is a noticeable difference
The drawers on the Snap On box are much smoother
The drawers are better
If I was a mechanic full time working 40 plus years, yes I’d have a Snap On box hands down

I would stay away from kobalts. 2 people I have worked with had them and the drawer slides come apart and all your tools end up on the ground when the drawer falls out.

I would stay away from kobalts. 2 people I have worked with had them and the drawer slides come apart and all your tools end up on the ground when the drawer falls out.
ive had my tool pop out when my drawers fell once...that was one christmas party

The big Craftsman Professional Tool Boxes were made by a company named Waterloo Industries here in the states...
They also made boxes for Snap-On, Milwaukee, Husky, U-Line, Kennedy and US General...

I designed the adjustable tooling years ago that bent the steel for the drawers. And the machinery was built at Newcor in Bay City Michigan. The same machinery was used to manufacture usually the heavy steel boxes for numerous manufacturers.

If you are buying a new box look to see if it was manufactured
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
or
Waterloo, Iowa
or
Sedalia, Missouri

Last edited:
I bought a Husky box last week at a big swap there in Houston. It looked like brand new only because some hobby guy had it and never used it maybe!!??. Yep made in the USA

Went and bought the 44” lower US General box tonight with a 15% coupon. They didn’t have black in stock so I’ll go pick it up when it comes in.

-
Back