Votes: 7 70.0%
  • After market steel

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Well its came down to it. Im gonna have to buy a pan should I buy an aluminum aftermarket or a aftermarket steel one? I'm tired of chasing leaks i want one a drain plug so I found these two the steel one is about 50 dollars cheaper but the aluminum has a 2 quart extra capacity vs one quart on the steel.

Screenshot_20220207-175636_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220207-175619_Samsung Internet.jpg

I went aluminum and love it
I have a question about the extra capacity aluminum does it cause any clearance issue? It has to hang down lower im concerned it will cause a scrapping issue on speedbumps and such

I have a question about the extra capacity aluminum does it cause any clearance issue? It has to hang down lower im concerned it will cause a scrapping issue on speedbumps and such
Hope this helps
03870AF0-314E-48E2-BCAE-F88DCC923A97.jpeg
02A2723F-DC71-4E18-A1EE-1A5CF332E77D.jpeg

Oh, I did have my exhaust redone as this was just temporary setup, thus the leaks

Your exhaust will hang lower than any deep trans pan.
I have the deep direct connection steel pan on my 727 (it was a lot cheaper then!). I would probably go with the aluminum pan now.
Edit: looks like the steel pan comes with the filter, and the extension necessary to get the filter where it needs to be. Does the aluminum?

Last edited:
Your exhaust will hang lower than any deep trans pan.
I have the deep direct connection steel pan on my 727 (it was a lot cheaper then!). I would probably go with the aluminum pan now.
Edit: looks like the steel pan comes with the filter, and the extension necessary to get the filter where it needs to be. Does the aluminum?
Yea it says it includes everything spacer for the filter, filter, gaskets and hardware

Whatever pan you buy, always use a fel pro gasket Versus what ever comes with the filter or pan set. For the A904 FEL-PRO TOS18667 for the 727 FEL-PRO TOS18583

THe aluminum pan has ALL of the advantages.

It seals better, offers more structural strength to the transmission itself, offers additional cooling, offers additional mass, increased capacity, looks better and offers temp sender ability.

I only use Duprene gaskets for steel pans. When a kit comes with a rubber or neoprene/cork gasket, I save it for aluminum pans. Any kind of junk gasket will seal with an aluminum pan.

I have a brand-new B&M 727 deep aluminum pan, w/drain plug & all the things needed to install it. I never used it. It was a $200+ pan when I bought it. I will sell it if you want for $180 shipped. Sorry, I don't have any pics yet but will get them if interested,
Thanks but im looking for a 904. Post it in the sale forum i bet it will sale fast

I only use Duprene gaskets for steel pans. When a kit comes with a rubber or neoprene/cork gasket, I save it for aluminum pans. Any kind of junk gasket will seal with an aluminum pan.
Do you rtv with aluminum pans or install them dry?

You should never use any sealer on a transmission pan.

When damaged an aluminum pan will crack and leak, a steel one will just bend. Something to keep in mind

Hughes transmissions Phoenix Arizona two extra quarts comes with adapter gaskets and hardware don't use a cheap gasket moroso makes a blue gasket for Mopar summit racing sells it you also can get this pan from summit racing but they will have to drop ship it from Hughes I will buy it directly from Hughes in Arizona it's the best pan you can get if you don't want any leaks by the pan then use the blue moroso pan gasket with the steel layer in the middle

Well its came down to it. Im gonna have to buy a pan should I buy an aluminum aftermarket or a aftermarket steel one? I'm tired of chasing leaks i want one a drain plug so I found these two the steel one is about 50 dollars cheaper but the aluminum has a 2 quart extra capacity vs one quart on the steel.

View attachment 1715866230

View attachment 1715866231
Street or race? Seeing Mike's pic above, ALuminum for a race car or serious street, steel for a mild street car.

Last edited:
-
Back