Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Both are wrong

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters
-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
I'm looking at the numbers for the other side of my hood because it kinda bugs me it is incomplete. but now, I don't know what to do. I was thinking of mirroring them but I wasn't sure if that was correct

so is it...

This way?

VvQAaH1.jpg

That way?

RFqxTV3.jpg

or neither?

I would repaint hood and make the call outs body color
You are supposed to be able to read them depending on which side you are on

God, I hated that bird bath hood when I had one in high school, always collecting water and dirt.
But I like it way better than the later ones!

God, I hated that bird bath hood when I had one in high school, always collecting water and dirt.
But I like it way better than the later ones!
yeah, it really is a trade off. Good looking hood, but any time it rains, you have to clear the water off of it. I wondered why they called it a birdbath hood before I owned one. Now I know

You probably should get the right numbers.

Mike, i like the first pic that's how i was going to do it but i ran out of beer i was also gonna make the side stripes alittle bigger

Mike, i like the first pic that's how i was going to do it but i ran out of beer i was also gonna make the side stripes alittle bigger
lol. I was hoping you would chime in on which way you were gonna go. how'd you do the spacing on the side stripe btw?

I just eyed the stripe but after I removed the tape I relized that it was too small and didn't really look right I was going to make them about 5/8 or 3/4 wide I think that would fit along side the blackout

I just eyed the stripe but after I removed the tape I relized that it was too small and didn't really look right I was going to make them about 5/8 or 3/4 wide I think that would fit along side the blackout

I need to buy you some beer and get you to finish it.

# 1. I have never seen these until now, what do I know, lol. I have an old 74 D100 that likes to collect water for the birds as well. I just put a set of 87 318 J closed chamber (heart Shape) heads on the 360 in it. The Edlebrock Performer intake is a perfect port match. I also installed the split duration Summit Racing .441/.441 lift cam and left the 600 Edlebrock Carb. on it. It out performs the 596 360 heads. It don't out flow them, but really performs much better. The other cam is a .449/.449 same duration. Way better MPG with a bump in compression, neat ol'truck!

FYI, I picked the Summit Racing Cam (made by Crane) up for 10% off my cost 57.95, killer deal!

Mike I only have this week left starting Monday im in truck driving school so if you need help get ahold of me soon

I did the same thing with my '72 SE. Tiny drain holes, that is. I don't know that the tubes would last long, but I'd also be curious.

I also had to put drain holes in the bed. The '72 didn't have them (first year goof?) If I was nose down hill in the truck in weather and took off, it looked like a waterbed mattress blew up and lost everything under the tailgate. I'm sort of surprised the bed sealed so well, honestly.

#1 if anything looks right. Even if #2 was mirrored (it's not quite there, #3 on 360 is wrong) it still doesn't make sense. Six Pack hood scoop call outs, fender badges, etc. It all has to read, over symmetry.

-
Back