White Castle burgers..?

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Being from the left coast, used to the "In & Out" stuff... Picked up some of the "White Castle" sliders. For generic food, had a decent taste. How good are the burgers are,in real life? Inquiring minds (& taste buds), are salivating...

The nearest White castle is 90 minutes from me so I just have eaten the ones at the A-Plus which are pretty good but would be a lot better fresh.

They are amazing when fresh. I used to cross the border into Port huron Mi to get some white castle with a friend from wisconsin (he got me hooked)
but sadly the white castle is now gone. So i can only get them in Detroit and i hardly go to that border crossing.

Don't try the frozen ones in the stores, they are terrible...

If you buy a case and eat them all, which is pretty e-z to do,
you'll have the nastya$$ like you've never known before.
They turn into near fatal gas in your gut.:burnout:

Love those damn little things! I usually get the Cheese burger slider with Jalapeno and bacon on it! DELICIOUS! I also enjoy eating the chicken assholes (chicken rings), but I've never seen a ring of meat come out of a chicken so I just have to assume... Still I love them!

If you buy a case and eat them all, which is pretty e-z to do,
you'll have the nastya$$ like you've never known before.
They turn into near fatal gas in your gut.:burnout:

Like the first 7 seconds of this! LMAO

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL5LBnPyClg"]Bonanza Special Opening - YouTube[/ame]

Being from the left coast, used to the "In & Out" stuff... Picked up some of the "White Castle" sliders. For generic food, had a decent taste. How good are the burgers are,in real life? Inquiring minds (& taste buds), are salivating...

Welcome to the planet!

Back in the 50's, Tim, White Castle hamburgers were 6¢ each (20 for a dollar). Hell, I didn't even know they had fries until I was a teen. lol!

...and they taste great!

WHen I moved from Jersey to Georgia, i was sort of depressed that there were no "White Castles" down here. However, There are Krystals. They are exactly the same as White Castle, with one small difference. White Castles burgers come with ketchup on them, Krystals come with mustard on them.
So, when I've feeling nostalgic for a white Castle, I go to Krystals and order a half dozen with "KETCHUP INSTEAD", and other times I just order a half dozen Krystals. ;)

Wish we had one around here or better yet an In and Out burger!

My dad used to say...."you ain't lived to you ate at a White Castle".....

For those folks in "The Valley of the Sun" I feel the same can be said for Petes Fish & Chips

The first time I had White Castles, I developed a case of heart burn so bad I thought I was gonna die, never felt anything like it before, or since, thank God. Never ate lethal food before.

Oh they melt in your mouth. Was my go to place after the bar closed. But as mentioned earlier eat too many(which is easy to do) and splatt the next morning...ie BELLY BOMBERS

First time I went to White Castle I didn't know their burgers are all Baby burgers.Couldn't figure out why the kid behind the counter looked at me like I was from outer space when I ordered one burger.

When I was in college, my buddies and I would gather our spare change, hop in someone's car and drive down to the closest White Castle, which was on E. Fordham Road in the Bronx.

I think the burgers were .20 or .25 each. If we managed to scrape up $5 between us, we could grab 20 or so sliders and chow down on the way back home. Good times.

The frozen ones available nowadays just don't compare.

Several years ago, some buddies and I went to St. Louis to a Cardinal football game. (Yes, I said several years ago) We stopped at White Castle on the way in, and downed a bunch of "Bellie Bombers", and proceeded to wash them down, with several cold beers at the game. It was winter, and cold!! We drove home that night with the windows down, and it was still almost unbearable.

Love em. I learned to microwave the frozen ones so they're actually pretty good, not as good as fresh,but still tasty..

Just because it came up I went and got a crave case. The guys at work are going to hate me tomorrow.

There is one near me on RT 22. They don't taste like the ones I grew up with...Gut Grenade!

-
Back