Who’s into vintage bikes? BMX & Stingrays

-

Blownfish

Reaction score
I’ve been collecting Stingrays and old school BMX bikes (pre 82) for years, I’ve been wondering how many guys on here also collect?

If you collect, post up some photos and what you have.

I have well over 50-60 bikes, here are a few photos of some of them.

Restored 69 Orange Krate
Photo1069.jpg

Restored 69 Lemon Peeler
P1000905.jpg

Original unrestored 71 Manta Ray
Photo1089.jpg

Original unrestored 72 Pea Picker
Photo1081.jpg

Original unrestored 73 Lemon Peeler
Photo1075.jpg

Restored 71 Disc. Cotton Picker
Photo1104.jpg

The 3 1999 repro Krates
Photo1152.jpg

Restored 71 coaster Grey Ghost
Photo1154.jpg

Original unrestored 77 Scrambler
Photo1041.jpg

76 Super-X 1 of 3 known to still exsist, these broke almost the first day
Photo0209.jpg

74 Redline Squareback (136th Redline ever made) and my 76 Redline Squareback
Photo1224.jpg

79 Jag
Photo0990.jpg

78 Champion Cruiser
Photo0867.jpg

81 Kos Cruiser
Photo0591.jpg

79 Mongoose Moto mag
Photo0184.jpg

76 Roger DeCoster 1 of only 4 known first gen DeCosters to still exsist
P1000651.jpg

79 Roger DeCoster
Photo0202.jpg

77 Redline Proline
Photo0271.jpg

77 Redline MX II
Photo0263.jpg

79 Redline MX II
Photo0280.jpg

Cool bikes man ! those bring back some memories, when I was in Jr. high I had a Roger Decoster, that thing was indestructible! I used to jump it off the loading dock at K-mart (4 or 5 feet) down onto concrete & never broke anything. Try that with a 80 dollar Wall Mart bike & you'll be singing soprano the rest of your life. My brother gave me this mid 80s GT Interceptor, for my 40th birthday. He found it at a garage sale & got it dirt cheap. I probably look like an idiot doing wheelies down my street, but who cares right ?

bk 002.jpg

were did you get the redline squareback? the one with two holes at the neck?

Those are some very VERY nize=P~ bike's 8)
I want the cotton Picker :cheers:

Nice collection you have there. I like vintage BMX too and have a few projects waiting. I have a 77 DG 1 Racer I'd like to fix up, an 80 ish Torker, 81(?) Supergoose a few Haro freestyle bikes and my last is a late mid school BADD.

I took a newish haro nyquist bmx bike and repainted it and was planning on getting into bmx stuff.... painted it and put the haro decals back one it and thats as far as I got... and new wheels. I know its not an old bike... but someday I will finish it.

Very nice group of vintage bikes you have there. I managed a bike shop back in the 90`s. We did have an Orange Crate that we restored as well as a 50`s Schwinn. Those bikes are few and far between now.

I have a new stingray in our garage that I am stashing away until they are worth something, haha

I loved my Redline, it burned when we got hit by a forest fire, along with all my other treasures growing up.

Does anyone remember the ST-500 Bikes? Best and nicest handling bike I ever had.

I picked up this 72ish Renegade for $30 (the guy wanted $70) for Nikki. Her brother builds custom lowrider bikes and she has wanted one forever so we dumped a bunch of money into it. 90* chrome front forks, new red vinyl seat and grips, stock bars, flat black paint, 20" 68 spoke wheels with white walls. I will get a pic of it as it is now later.

100_3832.jpg

100_3833.jpg

100_3835.jpg

I did some freestyle BMX dirt jumping a long time ago but my knees decided that they hated me.

Dang man :-D you have allot of cool stuff 360scamp =P~

Back in 5th grade or so, my buddy and I were riding, me on my Huffy and him on his bitchin' Lemon Peeler Schwinn. He would always talk too much and not pay attention to things around (and in front of) him, and this time he nailed the back of a big old (fortunately parked) Ford Wagon, head on. Damn near "Lemon Peeled" away any chance of children in his future on that 5 speed stick. :tongue9:

Just thought I'd share one of those *warm childhood moments*...

Still a bitchin' bike :toothy10:

I was in th bicycle business for some time back in the 80's-90's. I sold all my cool stuff back when I was starting a family, kind of like what is happening now days with you guy's and your cars. Some cool stuff I had.
Webco
2 Thrusters, 1 with the Tri Power
Race Inc.
PK Ripper
FMF
MCS 24" cruiser
GT Mach One
I wish I could have waited 10-15 years longer to sell. I could have cleaned up on Fee-Bay.
Very nice collection you have there Blowfish, I am jealous.
Here is my Schwinn Stingray Deluxe that I have customized. It was in rough shape when I got it.

DSC00011 (Custom).JPG

DSC00010 (Custom).JPG

cool bikes. love to have an old stingray but they are just too much money anymore.

love the bmx bikes. they are very popular these days. a friend got me back into them recently. i don't fit on a 20" so well anymore so i bought a 24" cruiser. its actually a 1995 bontrage model b-29 that i'm going kinda old school with. i have to replace the forks back to a chrome set and it will have the look i'm after. just took it on a 30 mile ride a couple weekends ago. man it rides nice.

bikestuff011.jpg

bikestuff012.jpg

Cool bikes man ! those bring back some memories, when I was in Jr. high I had a Roger Decoster, that thing was indestructible! I used to jump it off the loading dock at K-mart (4 or 5 feet) down onto concrete & never broke anything. Try that with a 80 dollar Wall Mart bike & you'll be singing soprano the rest of your life. My brother gave me this mid 80s GT Interceptor, for my 40th birthday. He found it at a garage sale & got it dirt cheap. I probably look like an idiot doing wheelies down my street, but who cares right ?

that GT is probably worth quite a bit of money. looks to be in great shape.

No pictures to share but I still own my two BMX bikes from when I was a kid. I had a Mongoose with Roger DeCoster forks, Araya rims, Race Inc. bars, Tuff neck, Dia Compe brakes, those fancy hubs with the allen bolts(?), Torker bottom bracket, steel crank and KKT pedals.

When I was 13 I got a Redline 102B. Also had Race Inc. bars, Tuff Neck, Tioga headset, Tuff Wheels, Uni seat, Dia Compe Brakes and Shimano pedals.

I also had one of the first Rampar Super Chrome frames in the country, or at least that's what the guy at the bike shop told me.

I loved BMX but was never really competitive. I did actually race once or twice though.

In our hood we used to dismantle our banna seat bikes and turn them into BMX bikes. Good times.

BMX however gave way to a skateboard in my world and I never looked back.

Here is my Schwinn Stingray Deluxe that I have customized. It was in rough shape when I got it.. She Looks very cool know homecloned8) Nize=P~=P~

No pictures to share but I still own my two BMX bikes from when I was a kid. I had a Mongoose with Roger DeCoster forks, Araya rims, Race Inc. bars, Tuff neck, Dia Compe brakes, those fancy hubs with the allen bolts(?), Torker bottom bracket, steel crank and KKT pedals.

Those were Bullseye Hubs rmchrgr.
That was one sweet ride also.

Here is my Schwinn Stingray Deluxe that I have customized. It was in rough shape when I got it.. She Looks very cool know homecloned8) Nize=P~=P~

Thanks memike, I am going to redo the seat with some vinyl top material that I have. I painted it MOPAR Go-Mango/Vitamin C. I built it for when I go riding with the wife. See is pretty slow and this is the only way I get a workout while riding with her. She only does 5 miles at a time.
Here's her Bro-Flex(Pro-Flex) circa 1995.

DSC00026 (Custom).JPG

-
Back