Who Coats Headers???

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of having having my race headers coated and was wondering who does it. Any suggestions????

Jet Hot ......had them do a bike header a while back. Held up great. Did get stained eventually......

Performance Coatings in Auburn, Washington...abit away from you though

Performance Coatings may be a subsidiary of or a branch division of my former high temp ceramics supplier out of Georgia with the same name. If it's the same place, "enter at your own risk," read the fine print and make sure they coat the inside and the outside.

depends on who powder coated it i use to work in a shop and i did a ton of bike exhaust and my intake for my old valiant if its good work it will last

Would high-temp powder coat hold up well for headers?

High temp powders are generally only good to about 1200 degrees, and we all know exhaust temps get a lot higher than that. My only recommendation for exhaust manifolds and headers is ceramic coating.

Sent mine to Nitro Plate. I talked to them on the phone and was really impressed with the representative I visited with.

Chose the NitroPlate Bright. Price I was quoted $330 and they will pay shipping back to me.

Yes, Got my headers back the other day. They look fine and I'm impressed with their work. The headers were packed extremely well and shipped back to me at no cost. I still haven't got all the pieces unwrapped.

Yes, Got my headers back the other day. They look fine and I'm impressed with their work. The headers were packed extremely well and shipped back to me at no cost. I still haven't got all the pieces unwrapped.

keep us updated on how they hold up. Thanks

Did you get the NitroPlate bright coating? I was reading Cudachick's post about powdercoating handling up to 1200 degree, but the Nitroplate's finish advertises "NitroPlate’s Bright finish is capable of up to 1300 degrees F". That doesn't seem to be much of a difference in heat capability so why couldn't a guy not go with high temp powder coating? I would like to see how your headers turned out BTW.

Did you get the NitroPlate bright coating? I was reading Cudachick's post about powdercoating handling up to 1200 degree, but the Nitroplate's finish advertises "NitroPlate’s Bright finish is capable of up to 1300 degrees F". That doesn't seem to be much of a difference in heat capability so why couldn't a guy not go with high temp powder coating? I would like to see how your headers turned out BTW.

And that's a BIG x2! Exhaust temps get wayyyy hotter than that even with a good tune up, especially right next to the heads. I hope they last for ya Jeff.

Don't think you will have any problems with Nitro Plate . Seen several sets of headers they last .

I second Jet Hot. They did my Jeep headers and they came out amazing. You could almost tough the headers at temp.

I just bought a used set of pro parts headers for my 440 duster. Im interested to see how these coatings hold up. I would like to get my headers coated in the spring.

What was the turn around time? and....lets see those headers! :happy1:

-
Back