Who currently has pre-72 Daily Drivers ?

-
I know it's not 72 down or a Mopar but my 75 F250 is my daily driver. Every single day.
I'm kind of in Triple R boat here I have a 76 Dodge truck that I drive daily and none of the technology changed since 72 or the body style. Not even any emissions crap on it from stock either.

Yeah, what's with this 72 cut off year??? :lol: Here is my daily. 73 d100 shorty. 318/727.

IMG_0926.JPG

Every damn day.
But you live in Pasadena where the weather is perfect. Not so easy to do out here on the East coast in the snow and salt belt.

I’d drive my ‘69 GTS every day too if I lived where you do.

Every damn day.
I'ma wimp to that heat down there in LA. I would have to have the AC hooked up. As a matter of fact that maybe a project for winter after next for my truck and I don't even live down there. I'm not a big fan of the Heat. I am glad to hear you have it in a way where you're driving it full time now!

But you live in Pasadena where the weather is perfect. Not so easy to do out here on the East coast in the snow and salt belt.

This is true. One of the perks of living in this hellhole. Lol.

Move on down.

Move on down.
Nowhere near the value of the additional cost of living. It just isn’t worth it. I will gladly suffer keeping my vintage cars under wraps during Winter for the price of moving there.

I drive my 69 d100 atleast a couple times a day, it gets twice as many miles as my other daily
1A6679E6-91A5-4AF3-87B5-15AA8D0DA78F.jpeg

68 fastback. Daily driver/commuter. 318/a904, 7 1/4 2.76. ugly *** primer grey from previous owner.
upgrades since purchase include 600 cfm 4bbl carb and edelbrock performer intake, lunati 10200701 cam, aluminum radiator, 180* thermostat, high flow water pump, 15" wheels with 255/6015 in the rear, 215/70/15 in the front. Seats from a mini. Bilstein shocks. remote trunk release from a dodge diplomat (installed, but I still gotta wire it up). new locks all the way around. new heater core.

Stuff I have to go on the car when I get off my butt to actually do it;
302 heads, new valves, and springs
440 source mini-starter
Doug's D453 headers, H pipe and summit 2.5" exhaust with mufflers.
Mallory 4757901h distributor
1.03 torsion bars.
manual steering box, floor shift manual steering column
front half of the car carpet kit (back half is missing)
new O ring sealed aluminum waterneck (just waiting on a 195* thermostat)

Stuff that is longer term to do;
Crackedback headlight relay kit
Crane ductile iron rocker arms. I just don't trust roller rockers.
american autowire or ron francis wiring loom
passenger floor pan
Dana 60 4.10 from Dr Diff with large bolt pattern and disk brakes
caltracs
727 with TF2 shiftkit If I go with the 392 stroker below, I will still do the 727 so I only have to cut and balance the driveshaft ONCE
bare 318 block sitting in the shed for 318-392 stroker
or
bare 400 block sitting in the shed for 400-470 stroker (the reason for the dana instead of a 8.75)
the price difference is pretty close for either build, within a thousand bux.
QA1 K member and front suspension and steering rebuild
body and paint
AAR fiberglass 6 pack hood (I love the hemi scoop, but it just don't look as good without a tunnel ram and two 4bbl carbs), fenders, header panel and valance

The worst part of all this is that I am not allowed to work in my car in the driveway. I have to do all the work at my mother-in-law's place. I'd love to get her 71 SST Javelin in the picture below and get that bad-boy running too!

View attachment 1715028476 View attachment 1715028477

How about the '66 Beetle behind your Barracuda?

If you have a rain-or-shine daily driver, how do you keep it from rusting? I have a 74 Swinger with original factory paint and undercoating, and vinyl top in good condition. The frame and sheet metal are completely solid except for the typical spots in the rear quarters and one of the rocker panels, and I want to keep it that way. I love driving it every day but I'm always afraid of rain.
I've have had to have some touch up repairs on rust, and the occasional dings. Salt and brine is the worst. I've been trying harder to keep it away from salt the past couple years. Rain - I don't worry about the rust from that. A premium show car will not stay that way when outside and on the road all the time. So you got to decide what's right for your car and you. I live in the city, I can do a lot without a car. But 2016, my car got a heck of work out - and I enjoyed driving it 95% of the time. (stuck in traffic, especially in the summer, never enjoyable). Got my 85grand?wagoneer running pretty reliable again, so that's more prefered DD around town and for hauling. I like it too, and don't care nearly as much about it getting dinged up. Still hate the salt. Wish everyone had to use snow tires in the snow and all they put down was sand and gravel except when ice melting is really needed. But that aint gonna happen... at least around here.

IMG_0019.JPG

How about the '66 Beetle behind your Barracuda?

She won't part with either of those cars. The bug needs a new battery, new gas and a cleaned out fuel system. It probably also has a mouse nest or three as well.

Went to Cecil today in the d100, 140 mile round trip and got 20mpg. Not bad!

1968 Barracuda convertible with an EFI'd 408, 195 psi cranking compression, lightly ported Eddie heads, hyd roller w .246 @ .050.

200R4 4-speed automatic overdrive with 3800 stall Lock-up converter spinning 3.91 geared 8 3/4 , 4 wheel disc brakes, full US Cartool Chassis reinforcing kit & 4 point roll bar.

14 mpg around town & 17 mpg freeway at 70 mph top down. Waiting till the busy season winds down to get the interior finished.

B3.jpg

I will if I live long enough to get the 67 back together!!! Just last week dug the new 360 shortblock out of "where it was buried"

Dart800_zpsa023fa63.JPG

-
Back