Who do you buy your race parts from

-

a1090cuda

Reaction score
Kind of wondering where everyone gets their race parts from. I know the usual Summit and Jegs, but what are the other places?

that depends on what i'm ordering cams I call a cam co.converters a converter co.etc etc.everything else summit or jegs or hew has the best price..........Artie

Agree with godfatherofcry, i order parts from companies that specialize in them and then everything in between i usually go to summit. Although for factory replacement stuff you cant beat rockauto except on shipping its a killer

Jegs and Summit for a lot of things, but I try to patronize a couple of local speed shops around here anytime I can. I like to support the little guy if possible, but some things Jegs & Summit just have a much better price on, so I go with them.

cnc motorsports has had some good deals, Hughes engines, summit, jegs, mancini, ebay.
What's sad is our local "speed parts outlet" are really hard to deal with, so I buy everything from out of town. Plus they only speak chvy.

Barnett Performance is my preferred place for general parts, go to the specialty companies for the critical stuff.

I tried Mancini but after they raped me on shipping I will never do business with them again..

My local speedshop, that just happens to be a mopar specialst, meets or beats Summit,jegs, etc... all the time. I get it all there,cams,conveters,etc.... If you have a relationship with a good supplier,he gets you a better price than you will get from any of those places yourself..

When racing I was running two cars, ordered lots of parts from lots of people, sometimes without even having time to shop around for the best prices BUT if you are like me and trying to save from having to pay taxes via buying online make sure whom ever doesnt have a warehouse in your State, if they do then you gonna be paying tax. Another thing to watch for is when placing an order for lots of stuff from same place make sure they have it all in stock in one location, Summit shipped me an order from two diff locations one time=had to pay shipping X2.

There is also another mail order business called LANE . Same as Summit or Jegs.

mancini, (usually drive over)
summit
amazon

depends on pricing.

local speedshop speaks chevy and when i do order from them they start adding shipping charges from their wearhouse and the last time i caught it and noticed they were very high so i canceled the order and order from summit and after the taxes and shipping i wasstill cheaper (pissed off at the local speedshop ever since)

plus a comment about using 350 chevy parts in my early hemi. rolled my eyes and never really gone back since

mainly from summit...cuz i get it the NEXT day...
never from jegs, their shipping takes a week.
SOMETIMES from mancini, but they will rape you in shipping....so i stay away
i get alot from my local speed shop as well...

-
Back