Who else has seen and loves these cars?

-
Never seen one in person, read about em a lot when I was a wee lad,...I heard that the turbine idea was floated on the track, first year was about shakin out the bugs, second year was banned by NASCRAP,...that's the lore I heard anyways...

anyone know anything on the performance of these beautiful cars .

Sad, sad videos :( I wish I was born around 1950, I'm only 19 years old and I miss these old cars. Not just turbines, all classics. I was definitely born many decades too late...

There are 9 still left...4 or 5 of them still run. I believe Chrysler still owns two, Henry Ford Museum has one, St. Louis Transportation Museum has one (?), Petersen has one, there's Leno's and one other in private ownership, and the one at Gilmore Museum that is on permanent loan from the Detroit Historical Society. That leaves us one short...maybe Chrysler still has three...I recommend Steve Lehto's book on the Turbine Program.

Ive seen Leno's in person a couple times, and the one at Peterson in LA. Beautiful cars for sure. I know all the turbine engines pretty much survived and are probably stashed away somewhere.

I remember seeing a show where a private citizen was restoring one and needed the engine or engine parts for completion. With the help of Leno, he was able to acquire the needed parts from Chrysler to complete the car. It was a good story.

You can watch Jay Leno's Garage on Youtube. He drives it and comments on it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2A5ijU3Ivs"]1963 Chrysler Turbine: Ultimate Edition - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube[/ame]

My Grand Father worked for Chrysler for ever and I have all his awards and gold tools and a plastic model of this car from what I understand these were given out to the workers on this project when I get home I'll get a couple picturesof the model and post them

Gilmore's Car Museum in Hickory Corners Michigan has one...about 10 minutes from my house! I stop and look at it every time I am near it.

Good to hear it is still there. I saw it two years ago when visiting Pine Lake. The museum and the car shows they have there can't be beat. Can't wait to go back.

Performance was better if you spooled up the turbine from a start with your foot on the brake and then took off.

Its interesting to note in the turbine car crush o rama how many wheel covers are missing. No doubt taken as souveniers by people at chrysler. I bet the guys in the overcoats at the crush fest are chrysler employees ensuring those cars all get destroyed.

I noticed the front ends sat up a bit higher, looks like chrysler removed the drivetrains before sending them to their doom.

What a sad end to a cool experimental program.

The Museum of Science and Industry in Exposition Park in Los Angeles used to have one. Not sure if it's still there or not.
I've seen the one in the Petersen, but missed Jay's when he drove it to on of the "Fling's" in Van Nuys. Maybe he'll bring it back out next weekend to "Spring Fling".
As a young kid I saw one during there public tests a lot of years ago up in the Blue Jay area of our local San Bernardino mountains. It was just parked along the side of the road. My dad pulled over and parked so I could run back and look at it - he didn't know what it was but I did.

Cool car for sure!!! Love the color and styling.

I got my dad to take me to the 1964 New York World's Fair, to see these cars running in the Chrysler Exhibit. Lucky winner's were taken for a ride in them. I wasn't one of them. Fast forward a few years, I went to Detroit to see the Chrysler Museum, before it closed. They had one on display, that they still have. Later I went to The Henry Ford, and they had one as well. Including Leno's, that means that at least three still exist.

Yes the museum of transportation in St. Louis does have one. That is the one memike has pics of. They still have a complete spare engine for it in a crate also.

I saw one at the 94 mopar nationals, watched them run it down the track several times. Pretty neat car really.

-
Back