Who has 63 darts

-
Here are some pics I took today. Not too great outside but its not raining or snowing so that's a plus.

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart4.jpg

dart5.jpg

dart3.jpg

Forgot to ask this earlier. I just added the backup lights. Question is do the bulb sockets go on the top or bottom? I assume the top but I don't know. Also all I have is the factory wiring that runs from the bulbs to the from left corner of the trunk. Anybody out there have the switch that attaches to the pushbuttons to make these work? From the wiring diagram I see that the hot feed comes from the wiper switch. If anyone changed from a pushbutton to a 4 speed and has the switch left over, I will take it off your hands.

Here are some pics I took today. Not too great outside but its not raining or snowing so that's a plus.

Holy crap,now i will know what my 63 will look like when i put the rims on & repaint it black.Yours looks real nice.8)

I actually bought the car in this condition in October. The only thing I have really done is fix the small things that needed attention such as the dash dimmer switch, driver's door inside handle wasn't there, rebuild the steering coupler, fix the turn signal cancel cam and get an alignment. That and lubricate parts that were sticking. The paint job is ok, looks better from a distance. Some bad spots in the clearcoat and some chips here and there. Overall the best car for my money compared to what I was looking at in the price range I paid for this one. Also the car came with extra parts such as a dash, steering wheel, shifter plate, headlight trim rings and bulbs, transmission gasket, fuel pump, original distributor, door handles and window cranks, a chrome valve cover, set of new plug wires, timing chain set and finally a super six intake and carb with the kickdown lever. Also the original wheels but I still need to pick those up from the seller. The wheels are American Racing Outlaw II 14" with a 5x4 bp. Stock drums all around. Front driver's pulled like crazy until I backed it off a little. I have a NOS ball and trunnion kit to install when it gets warmer which included the housing and boot. My boot is not really there. There are just enough non-critical things that need fixed so I have something to do and can make my own contribution to keeping the car going and looking good.

I had to put back in the motor,trans & everything else under the hood,make my own trans cooling lines,put back the drive line,pull gas tank & clean it & i still have to do the brakes & hubs & master cylinder.The transmission needs reworked.The interior needs work & the trunk needs a little attention.Over all a great car to monkey with.

440scout

Yes the car is a 170 with the original interior. I just put a fresh 360 in it and updated the brakes (late a body discs) and a new 8 1/4 with new 3.55 and sure grip.

Mike
my 64 b-cuda has the same late discs up front and 8 1/4 rear linited slip, but i have the 3.21 gears.. works great!!

the first pic of the black 63. i never seen one with that chrome trim around the rear bumper very kool,,,

I believe that is trim that comes on the GT models, or at least that's the only models I've seen that have the bumper trim. I like the look of it and wish I could find it for my car (hint hint).

I paid $1100 for mine, body is decent but interior sucks. I will be rebuilding the /6 in the next few months. I hope I did the pic right.

Jim

IMG_0863.jpg

here are pics of my 63 dart race car that was the white bear dodge race car from new to mid 70's has not been raced since. I am still looking for pics od this car as raced back inthe day...latest info was a smallblock auto that ran in d/stock but no proof yet!

63 dart 1.jpg

63 dart 2.jpg

Mine does not have a dashpad. Its just painted black. As far as I know a dashpad was optional on my model. You can tell if it came with one because it will have holes in the front lip of the dash for the mounting studs. I've been looking to add one but they seem pretty rare and elusive to find. I think they may have been standard on GT models as they are the only ones I have seen pictures of that always seem to have one or at least had one when I see the mounting holes in the pictures. Ebay has a red dash housing with a dashpad on it for $55.00 although it has cracks in it.

Mine does not have a dashpad. Its just painted black. As far as I know a dashpad was optional on my model. You can tell if it came with one because it will have holes in the front lip of the dash for the mounting studs. I've been looking to add one but they seem pretty rare and elusive to find. I think they may have been standard on GT models as they are the only ones I have seen pictures of that always seem to have one or at least had one when I see the mounting holes in the pictures. Ebay has a red dash housing with a dashpad on it for $55.00 although it has cracks in it.

Mine had it originally and someone removed it. I'll check out ebay for that pad. Thanks, Jim

Just playing around to see what my dash would look like with a woodgrain veneer. What do you think?

dart5.jpg

dashwood1.jpg

I kind of like it with the wooden steering wheel. Wouldn't like it otherwise. jmo! LOL Mike

i perfer the metal look,,painted or chromed,,personally ,wood grain is for grocery getters,,,

Gentlemen I was at the junk yard today and they have a 1963 Dart 4-door. has most of side trim and lower trunk pieces. Has all of glass which I believe is tinted. Nice front doors. Looks like a 270 model. Glove box has nice trim on it and trim to the right of it. Most of the car has been stripped but still has few nice things left. I might go out tomorrow and take some things. Let me know if you need something. Jysnflem

Well I am looking for a backup light switch if this car has the reverse lights. It should be on the back of pushbuttons, plus the wiring from the switch to the trunk. I have the trunk wiring. If that's too much work, I'd settle for the switch. Also the dash trim if it has the part over the radio in addition to the glove box trim and the trim to the right of that. If not I guess those two parts would be a start and I'll keep looking for the part over the radio. You're only about 3 hours from me. Might be worth a road trip if the weather wasn't so nasty right now. Let me know what prices you get for the part plus shipping to 43302 and if you can take paypal for payment. Thanks for the heads up.

Gentlemen I was at the junk yard today and they have a 1963 Dart 4-door. has most of side trim and lower trunk pieces. Has all of glass which I believe is tinted. Nice front doors. Looks like a 270 model. Glove box has nice trim on it and trim to the right of it. Most of the car has been stripped but still has few nice things left. I might go out tomorrow and take some things. Let me know if you need something. Jysnflem

I need a dash pad. Mine is missing so unless it is totally trashed I can use it.

Jim

-
Back