WHO HAS A RMS SUSPENSION ?

-
275/50/17. I’m pretty sure. I’ll have to check. I have a problem remembering numbers sorry. I have an 8.8 under it. With the Dr Diff spring relocation offset.
that's what im going to run 275/50/27 on a 17x9.5 rim w/ 5.05 back spacing & it hits the leaf spring pretty hard. Also the inner wheel well.

that's what im going to run 275/50/27 on a 17x9.5 rim w/ 5.05 back spacing & it hits the leaf spring pretty hard. Also the inner wheel well.
I used the multipurpose inner wheelwell tool on mine. BALL PEEN HAMMER. MY rear end is 1 1/2” shorter than stock. Explorer 8.8 373 gears disc brakes

Anyone running a rear RMS suspension ? Pros cons ?

was running a full front and rear RMS suspension in my yellow dart. it was freaking awesome..

dart carlisle fixed.jpg

I went for a ride in a friend 68 Cuda who had same motor And front suspension setup but had the street lynx and could fell the difference as a passenger.

That's funny. That is what im doing. Its getting the hammer finish. I have the rear RMS on order. I have to save up for the front.

is your axle housing factory width ?
I just read your question. I am not sure of the dimensions as it was already installed when I purchased the car. The invoice for the rear is from DTS Custom Service out of Ionia, MI. States DTS Dana 60 Custom Axle Assembly for 72 A-Body (even though the car is a 73). No dimensions that pertain to the overall width though.

Street Lynx, relocated with narrowed rear for 325 tire. No cons so far. Tubular uppers and strut rods up fromt.

View attachment 1715580836
I live in Spokane with a 73 Duster outfitted with a 2007 5.7 HEMI. I installed an Edelbrock E-Supercharger to help with the HP. Really like the looks of your car. Which city do you live in and do you street drive yours often?

I live in Spokane with a 73 Duster outfitted with a 2007 5.7 HEMI. I installed an Edelbrock E-Supercharger to help with the HP. Really like the looks of your car. Which city do you live in and do you street drive yours often?

Sounds like a fun ride! I’m in Wenatchee and haven’t had the car out in a while. Been a weird year...

Sounds like a fun ride! I’m in Wenatchee and haven’t had the car out in a while. Been a weird year...
It certainly shows well and looks like it too would be a fun ride. I have a old friend living in Plain above Leavenworth. He too is a real car guy with 6+ vehicles and is one of the finest paint / body people around. Spectacular work.... Your right, this has and continues to be a very strange / weird year....

fullsizeoutput_8aa.jpeg

The 68 in my Avatar has the. Complete RMS suspension with a power rack. I love it. Makes header fitment a breeze. The PS has a much firmer feel than the mopar. I also have Wilwood discs.

I have the same set up on the front of my '71 and love it w/the exception of I have the M2 manual rack & pinion. And it has a much firmer feeling, so much easier with the long tubes.
Thanks to Bill, (RMS) he is more than willing to listen to what you want and get you what you need w/o trying to 'over-sell'...
My rear was a completly different animal. I have a Curie narrowed to 48" with a nodular carrier, 4:10 gears and a locker, w/ tubs. It was a bit more 'involved' than what could be bought, fabricated most of it myself.

Last edited:
-
Back