who has the best looking funnycar in history

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
alright you guys,what aa/fc do you think is was the best
my pick is the brut strattus of ron capps saw it in sonoma it was beautiful.

70FCstoned.jpg

Yall all got it wrong. The purdiest one and the best one was the FIRST one. Without this one, NONE of um wouldda happened. Ya buncha amatures. RIP Dick.

dl_65_coronet_470.jpg

I liked the Gene Snow and Grady Bryants cars, they started the craze by altering the wheel bases which made em look....."funny"

Funny this thread popped up. The night before, Laying awake,as usuall, a memory I have`nt thought of since I was a kid hit me, Miss Deal funny car, doubt it was aa/fc or if it even existed? All I know is it`s badazz even after 40+yearsThe model had a Hemi of course. Hmmm, I must have built that model. That pic on the box is so---cool 8)

MissDealStudebakerBodyFCModel.jpg

I used to think Gene Snow always had the cleanest and best looking funny cars. His '69 mini-Charger was awesome and I got to see it run during its heyday.
However, ever since I learned Snow likes little boys way too much, he has fallen out of favor with me. It's really sad.

Yall all got it wrong. The purdiest one and the best one was the FIRST one. Without this one, NONE of um wouldda happened. Ya buncha amatures. RIP Dick.

dl_65_coronet_470.jpg

And he did it with a 8 3/4 rear and no Cal Tracks !

I've got two from the early '70s, both local SoCal racers:
* 'Big John' Mazmanian's gorgeous candy apple red Barracuda. You can't really appreciate how beautiful his cars were unless you actually had the opportunity to see them in person. They were spotless and worthy of 'Best In Show' wherever they showed up to race. Even the chassis was the same miles-deep candy apple red with gold pinstriping as the body.
* The Condit Brothers were a low-budget team that maintained their car in their parents home garage. They were best known as half the famed 'LA Hooker' team, but campaigned this pretty little Plymouth Arrow for a few years on their own. It was always an outstanding looking car that could take 'Best Appearing Car' honors at any race.

BigJohnMazmanian (Small).jpg

condit (Small).jpg

This is too difficult. Rolling Stoned was great but so was Holy Smokers, the Hawaiian, Mr. Norms Charger, Quarter Duster, oh hell I give up, someone else pick.

Well....if were not going to limit it to MOPARS only. Then I gotta say Jungle Jim because he had the "Best Looking Funnycar Stager" Jungle Pam:cheers::cheers:

pam-012603JJSCAN4.jpg

-
Back