WHO here runs 11.50's???

-
with 3.55 gears, will not let the car ET very quick. for very quick ET, need gears, tires, suspension, convertor, car has to 60 ft quickly. chassis is ET, motor is MPH. just some things to consider.

i was thinking of swithcing to a dual plane intake and getting a deomn 650 would that increase my time -- it weighs 3100 with me

Sweet. Nice and light.
It's not really going to help alot. Though I think drivabilty will go up nicely.
Reason being as stated above. Not repeating above.
For a quicker ET, you'll lose streetabilty or Hwy. useage

That cam doesn't wake up until 3,000 rpm. Been there done that cam. It's big for the combo. OR the combo needs to step up with the cam a bit. Ideas, like below make it work.

4.10-4.30 w/ 27 inch tires as wide as you can. Because the engine combo can make nice power, but theres no grip back there.

3000 - 3500 stall, you'll need it to get past the begining dead area of the cam and intake. One you get past that, you'll be fine and cooking.

S/S suspesion To get that car to hook up and go.

Heads, could be bowl ported and etc.

This gets away from your cruiser (ing) and may not be so nice around town for you. If you like cruiseing around, step down in cam size. Look at a cam with about 230 @ .050 intake and more on the exhaust.
(Example; Comp Extreme or Crane Power Max.)
I think this would be a better way to go and will work excellent with the RPM and Demon.

hey thanks man i dont think im gunna step down though im gunna get another converter and what not to match rest of stuff i also have the shackle kit to move springs in 1 1/2 inches perside so i coould prob get a tire 11.50 et or something well thanks for the help much apreciated im hoping to get my dart into the 12s i would be realy happy with that and once again thank u

-
Back