Who is serious about BBQ?

-

dodgetkboy78

EDELBROCK HEADS SUCK!
Reaction score
Besides MeMike, who is serious when it comes to slow cookin' tasty goodness? Here in AK there isn't much in the way of BBQ. I am curious about your experiences, favorites, what you prefer, and memories...

Dry, cooked on sauce, dipping sauce, sauce bases, any input would be great!

Thanks,

Bobby

There's a recipie thread around here somewhere with my barbeque recipie on it. Yeah, I'm real serious about my barbeque. Takes a full 24 hours to do mine right.

There's a recipie thread around here somewhere with my barbeque recipie on it. Yeah, I'm real serious about my barbeque. Takes a full 24 hours to do mine right.

I think I wrote it down SS :cheers: Let me see if I can find it :read2:
That was a good right up and some good info in that thread :cheers:

I have looked and looked for that thread and can't find it, I wish I new who started it.
It had allot of good info in there for sure, My eyes are tired....

Serious enough to build my own smoker. The wife likes the smoked turkeys, after we pull the meat off we boil the carcass for smoked turkey stock. Ribs and pulled pork are my favorite. I have two big racks of beef ribs in the freezer just waiting for the right weekend! If ya show up, bring the beer!

The smoker going two years ago cooking Christmas dinner.

smoker2.jpg

The fire box.

firebox2.jpg

Pork ribs with my own special spicy dry rub with a basic mop sauce to keep them moist. (yea, thats some chicken on the right)

ribs.jpg

A turkey done last year.

turkey2.jpg

i cook something i like to call 6 pack chicken and 12 pack chicken but the story gos long and slow at about 220 degrees and nice wood for flavor personaly i like pecan with blackjack oak and a nice dry rub on meat the day before yummy

RogerK, I like the fact that you dug through 2 feet of snow to get to the smoker:) I love smoking ribs the most, BBQ and smoking are two totally different ways of cooking. I like taking the slow way:) I like your smoker too. How do you regulate the temp?

I think the thing I miss most about not making it out to the left coast this year for the Spring Fling Mopar show, is that I missed going to "Lucille's" after the Thursday evening cruise in at Giovanni's in Fullerton. I absolutely love the BBQ beef and pork ribs at Lucille's on Imperial Hwy.

man, love you BBQ fanatics & the aroma--- I'm more of a I'll bring the beverages type & help you eat/ kinda of like a pit crew at your local drag strip(you know bench racers that watch the events), Lawrence

RogerK, I like the fact that you dug through 2 feet of snow to get to the smoker:) I love smoking ribs the most, BBQ and smoking are two totally different ways of cooking. I like taking the slow way:) I like your smoker too. How do you regulate the temp?

There are 1/2" air holes on the side and in the back near the bottom that feed it just enough and if I need more air I just open the door to the firebox a little. it will stay at 250 to 275 all day.

What you don't see is above the firebox, below the cooking area is a grate welded inside with 6 bricks that help keep the heat in if i'm too slow to add more charcoal.

I have a new barrel for the bottom and plan on improving the firebox design and add more air flow control.

NICE!!Hey,not to hijack your thread,but I have a Electric Brinkman Smoke N Griil I got for free and the heating element is missing and want to convert it to charcol ,but Im not sure how to do it.I want to use it this summer to smoke ribs and stuff.

Besides MeMike, who is serious when it comes to slow cookin' tasty goodness? Here in AK there isn't much in the way of BBQ. I am curious about your experiences, favorites, what you prefer, and memories...

Dry, cooked on sauce, dipping sauce, sauce bases, any input would be great!

Thanks,

Bobby

Well Bobby :bball: The weather has kept me from some a big batch BBQ
and post it for you :thumblef:
But I am cooking a pair of small guilt size tender loins
"a guilt is under 200lbs" so I thought I would post
what I am doing tonight to slow cook some tasty tender meat for a grannies dentures :thumbrig:.
Washed and squeezed dried loins
then what you see gone out of the bottle of Italian Marinade
with one shot of Tequila :bball:
I will let it set over night in the fridg..
Then sssllllooooow cook it at 190 degrees for as long as it takes
to keep it from getting to rubbery.
I will jump in here and give the time limit tomorro :thumblef:
All I know is you can eat it with a spoon
If not over cooked and makes for a great dish on the side :wave:
Heck Treva dips it in here favorite dressing, I like mustard or BBQ sauce.
Wait!! I forgot that a shot of Tequila goes in the cook before marinade :thumblef:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 200.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 310
-
Back