Who is serious about BBQ?

-
Love BBQ

Down South we are always cooking something

If it's not BBQ it's Seafood

Since I have mostly girl cousins, I just sit back and drink beer and let them do the cooking.

But I do keep a close eye on them.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I hope my Mom doesn't see that last picture

I didn't aim the camera very well

In Tx. a man is judged by his ribs and brisket.

I thought it was the size of his.....
Belt buckle.

Seriously, there is a BBQ joint in Bishop we hit every year when we go fishing in the Eastern Sierras. Killer food. (Literally, according to my doc).

The same here rebel, It was a weird year last year and I mainly grilled and cooked fish, Be careful of those seasonings brother :thumblef:

I just use a little sea salt and pepper. There is a butcher shop near me that sells fresh hams with no added seasonings.

Funny, I was told I needed to eat more grilled fish. And chicken.

I did a small brisket yesterday. The weather was perfect for working in the yard, drinking beer and watching my cook temp.

img1304256210047.jpg

I did four hours yesterday in the smoker and I'll do another 4 hours today in the oven to finish it up. Should be delicious!!

Funny, I was told I needed to eat more grilled fish. And chicken.
I was not told to :-D I just did it on my own, and do pork on the drill or fish and chicken :-D

I just use a little sea salt and pepper. There is a butcher shop near me that sells fresh hams with no added seasonings.
Very good rebel :cheers: and stay away from these prepackaged meat like ham, bologna, beef and stuff like that and have it cut fresh like you are doing, the processed meat have way to much preservatives and stuff in them. I enjoy over a gallon of V8 a week, even if it has a beer in it :-D

I am doing pork ribs Sunday-cause its my b'day! Takes 4 hours but oh so good.
Slow is the way to go 4speed, And let me say happy birthday :cheers: It's raining here so iy looks like my pair of pork loins will it the oven + my gas grill needs a new burner in it, I can use two of the three, but one is gone.

I did a small brisket yesterday. The weather was perfect for working in the yard, drinking beer and watching my cook temp.

img1304256210047.jpg

I did four hours yesterday in the smoker and I'll do another 4 hours today in the oven to finish it up. Should be delicious!!
I bet it will =P~=P~
I woke up early yesterday and did some yard work and about ready to put my pork loins in the oven :happy10:, Dang!! I love brisket =P~=P~

MeMike, I'm not very far from you and can be there in about 90 min. but then i see Machinemans post and all of his cousins slaving away over them there breasts....chicken that is and i could be there in about a day or two if i ride hard.....i mean fast. That will give him time to gather up all the cousins and get the right uniforms on. One way to a mans heart is through his stomach.........my eyes are full now. The cookin looks good guys
Small Block

Brisket is my favorite, but I also enjoy pork shoulder (butts) and loin back ribs. I cure and smoke my own Canadian bacon too. Been known to smoke turkeys on occasion.

You gotta be careful with the long cooks though... they get ya drunk!

092108-Cookout-11.JPG
111807-Pork_Spares_Cook-3.jpg

MeMike, I'm not very far from you and can be there in about 90 min. but then i see Machinemans post and all of his cousins slaving away over them there breasts....chicken that is and i could be there in about a day or two if i ride hard.....i mean fast. That will give him time to gather up all the cousins and get the right uniforms on. One way to a mans heart is through his stomach.........my eyes are full now. The cookin looks good guys
Small Block
HAY Bill!!!!!!!!:cheers:
I wonder if the roads are ready for me to make a trip this morning ?
PM on it's way, wait I will call as soon as I can :-D

going in the oven now!! :cheers:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 205.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 142
Brisket is my favorite, but I also enjoy pork shoulder (butts) and loin back ribs. I cure and smoke my own Canadian bacon too. Been known to smoke turkeys on occasion.

You gotta be careful with the long cooks though... they get ya drunk!

092108-Cookout-11.JPG
111807-Pork_Spares_Cook-3.jpg

You sure got it going on there dilley =P~=P~=P~
I have smell-a-Vision =P~=P~ I see some good seasoned moisture for smoke and baste going on =P~
This thread is going to get me ta drinkin :-D

Looks like about 1 hour at 200 degrees and just a few minutes on broil 8)
Nice and tender with a zesty flavor =P~
Yes I did use the spoon to have a taste =P~
Know to take one and pull it all apart for a BBQ salad with BBQ souse 8)
And cut the other for finger food and let the wife dip it in here Ranch dressing :happy10:

Raining cat's and dogs outside :angry7: Time for a frosted mug Pete :-D

Attachments

• Spring 2011 206.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 149
Looks like about 1 hour at 200 degrees and just a few minutes on broil 8)
Nice and tender with a zesty flavor =P~
Yes I did use the spoon to have a taste =P~
Know to take one and pull it all apart for a BBQ salad with BBQ souse 8)
And cut the other for finger food and let the wife dip it in here Ranch dressing :happy10:

Raining cat's and dogs outside :angry7: Time for a frosted mug Pete :-D

MMMMmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning a trip this fall all the way to Texas, and am looking forward to all the BBQ between here and there. Hopefully get a ton of idea's and flavors for my dream. (Real BBQ pit at the State fair)

MMMMmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning a trip this fall all the way to Texas, and am looking forward to all the BBQ between here and there. Hopefully get a ton of idea's and flavors for my dream. (Real BBQ pit at the State fair)

I wish you great travels and getting all set up for your State fair tkboy78 :cheers: and I hope our members will continue shareing there secrete sauce with you so yall can enjoy them up there :happy10:
My lunch today was pulled pork loin from yesterdays rainy day :-D
Just a simple sandwich steaming hot and fulfilling :-D

Attachments

• Spring 2011 207.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 141
I wish you great travels and getting all set up for your State fair tkboy78 :cheers: and I hope our members will continue shareing there secrete sauce with you so yall can enjoy them up there :happy10:
My lunch today was pulled pork loin from yesterdays rainy day :-D
Just a simple sandwich steaming hot and fulfilling :-D

I'm firing up the smoker here in a while, gonna do a dry run with some pork chops tonight, maybe a New York roast tomorrow. Also gotta' build a pit here in a bit, for some pit ribs....

Meat and fire!

Better be discreet Mike, my undertanned white *** will be knocking on your door for a taste of BBQ, LOL. :toothy10:

Every Memorial Day the pork butts hit the smoker. Brine 'em for a day or so. Make my own rub out of whatever spices that catch my eye when I go shopping. Usually keep the heat around a buck-fifty for 15-18 hours. Use maple or apple when I can. Pull the bone clean out. Close neighborhood so I try to keep quiet when I'm out on the patio stokin' the fire throughout the night. Doesn't matter, it's the aroma that wakes up the neighbors. Pull the pork, slap a little slaw on the san'mich, and that's good eats.

Through the rest of the summer I'll do ribs, but the butts are for the big get togethers.

-
Back