Who knows 5.7 fault code diagnostics?

-
SW, is this like pulling a intake on our small block mopar? Coolant flows through it etc, or is this just a upper plenum? Do you work in a dealer? And see high failure rates on these? Just trying to figure out my odds here. And no I didn't drive it hard yesterday just short city trips but nor was it being driven hard when it set the code the first time.

408, I here what your saying I would have thought the dealer woukd have inspected it at the time but maybe not as they are flat rate.
No coolant through intake. Just wires and a couple vac hoses. Easy peasy. If there is trash in the solenoid, it will not have adequate pressure to let the phaser advance/retard correctly. Thus, giving the correlation code.

Even though I mentioned chain wear, It would probably be the last thing I'd check.

Hmmm...ok that dose sound easy, this might be my next best bet. Great ideas and help guys!
FYI pop the alternator off as well, it will give you more room to pull the intake forward once all the bolts are out to access the connector at the rear of the intake. Probably wouldn’t hurt to replace the gaskets as well.RJ

BA57FC2E-A596-4638-8579-DF0EE4CBC8AA.png

Yeah I would definitely have the gaskets and vvt in hand before starting this job, I'm going to drive it a bit more and see if the code returns which I suspect it will then pull the intake, possibly next weekend??

Also be aware that some fault codes are "2 trip". Meaning cold start, drive to normal operating temp, then cool down (overnight).

-
Back