Who likes Neil Peart's drumming?

-
as a drummer since the age of 4 turning 40 this year i ASSURE you all that if you found a better drummer than neil peart youd be very hard pressed. he is an amazing innovator. Unbeleivable creativity and skill.

not a keith moon or who fan.

Greatest Drummer that has ever walked the face of the Earth JMO

Attachments

• neil_peart.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 101
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eubi9YI2dKE&feature=player_detailpage"]Chester Cheetah - YouTube[/ame]

I just found it also...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BT0n5807TA"]Family Guy Chester Cheeto on cheese - YouTube[/ame]

Didin't mean to go off on a tangent with the TOOL video.

The Rush show I saw on the Counterparts tour,I was at the Omni in Atlanta.I went to pee and heard the drum solo starting midstream.My seat was around the bend quite a ways,so I ducked into the first portal I could find.I went down the rabbit hole and ended up directly above and behind Neil with his revolving set,a view similar to the angle in the video above,and I stood there...unable to move with my jaw on my chest for about 25 min. while he showed that swirling monstrosity who was boss! It was the most technical,layer upon layer,go to the edge and bring it back drum circle of one, trip without acid I ever have been on,or ever will be lucky enough to witness.Considering all aspects,there is no way to communicate the warm glow I was enjoying at the time,but let me assure you,if you had been there,you wouldn't have been able to say **** either!

LMAO!!!

Hey,it's my night off!

Didin't mean to go off on a tangent with the TOOL video.

Hey,it's my night off!

No problem. It gave me an excuse to post some Who. Now I have to find some Police videos to show Stuart Copeland...

Yeah, Neil can blow you away in concert. He makes it look so easy.

I slept out and had 3rd and 6th row seats 6 - 12 for the Hold Your Fire tour in Detroit. I also scored two Barracuda fastback parts cars while sleeping out for tickets. They were the best seats I ever had for a concert. We were right in front of Alex Lifeson. Our group had a great time.

Lifeson is up there,truely underadmired! I have seen some great guitar players,and I think he is one of the most solid old men out there.
Others that come to mind..Leslie West...Jimmy Vaughn...Robin Trower...Billy Gibbons....Roger Waters...George Thoroughgood...Steve Albini...wait a second,is he old now? damn!

. Now I have to find some Police videos to show Stuart Copeland...
Now there is a great band, kinda over shadowed by Sting and all his fame, but very good none the less.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObL3L6MRvN4"]The Police - Message in a Bottle - YouTube[/ame]

Now there is a great band, kinda over shadowed by Sting and all his fame, but very good none the less.

Exactly. Sting is my least favorite member of the band (ego trip). I like Stuart Copeland and Andy Summers better than him. They make a great band together though. I refuse to go to the Sting concert to see Police songs. There aren't many drummers that can fill in for Stuart. I hope that they tour again so I can see them play live once in my life.

It kinda sucks for Alex Lifeson. He is also an awesome lead guitar player, but everyone is so blown away with Neil & Geddy, he does not get the credit that he deserves.
well put- really, there are a lot of bands that have 5 or more people on stage that can't put out the sound this (true) power trio does.

Neal Peart
Steve Harris
Glen Tipton
Kirk Hammet
Ann Wilson

My dream rock/metal lineup.

As a long-time drummer (over 20 years), I love Neil's playing, but with two small criticisms - his robot-like timing is both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes it comes off as a little too stiff. Also, his solos are not interesting to me. He pulls off some really cool stuff during their songs, but I'm just not interested in his style of soloing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking his playing, just making observations & voicing my opinions. :)

He is in my top 5.

BTW, no discussion of great rock drummers is complete without the mention of John Henry Bonham.

The Police - Message in a Bottle - YouTube

I love the Police, but can take or leave Sting & his solo career. Check out Stuart Copeland's drumming on "Bombs Away" from Zenyatta Mondatta (sp?) The song starts out with a really tasty fill and goes from there.

Also, the snare drum in "When the World is Running Down..." is, in my opinion, probably the best snare drum sound ever recorded.

I was never a Rush fan. As a musician I loved their music, until Lee opened his mouth, that is. I just can't stand his voice. Musically, I think they really good, though.

I feel the same about Guns and Roses. Great instrumentally, but Axl Rose just screwed the whole thing up as soon as he opened his mouth. I didn't think much of Rose as a human being, either.

Ditto! Musically they are awesome, but Getty's voice is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me..lol. As far as Axl Rose goes, he is a waste of skin personality wise, but vocally he has a huge range from his screeching to very melodic and smooth if he wants. The douche ruined one of the best bands ever!

Peart is likely the best, but my favorite is Mick Tucker from Sweet. That guy was fast. His solos were the best of their time.

Garry Peterson (The Guess Who)

Phil Rudd (AC/DC)

are the coolest drummers

Lifeson is up there,truely underadmired! I have seen some great guitar players,and I think he is one of the most solid old men out there.
Others that come to mind..Leslie West...Jimmy Vaughn...Robin Trower...Billy Gibbons....Roger Waters...George Thoroughgood...Steve Albini...wait a second,is he old now? damn!

What about Pete Townshend, Eddie Van Halen, and Steve Howe, Jimmy Page?

All great guitar players also to add to the list.

I was flipping through channels about a year ago and stumbled on a blues fest taped at the house of blues in Chicago (2010). I saw a part where Steve Winwood was playing guitar with Eric Clapton at the end. I was like WTF? Steve Winwood on guitar? I always knew him as a keyboardist. He was not bad. It was entertaining to watch. He may not be an "all time great" on the guitar, but he can play pretty well.

I'm starting to get a new favorite, Creed Slater :prayer:
Really starting to enjoy ZWR music more and more. Memike should be very proud(I'm sure He is)

Now, I wish that ZWR t-shirt I ordered would get here soon. :thumrigh:

Keith Moon would easily get my vote as probably one of the best drummers of all time. He could out drum most of these other drummers hands down. And considering the era he was at his prime until his death, Moon was the most gifted IMO.

If this were a Cheby site someone would have already posted a vote for this tard:
218px-Lars_London_2008_crop.jpg

Being a drummer myself, you can't help but appreciate the drumming of Peart. He is incredible and versatile behind that kit! Talk about being a metronome, which is what a great drummer is...the backbone that holds it all together!

-
Back