Who Would push it????

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
So if someone were to give you a box with a button on it. and told you that you can keep this box for one week, after which time that person will come back and take this box back. During the week, you can push the Button any time you want, and if you push this button you will receive $1,000,000. Its that easy. It could be a Drug dealer that dies, a 100 year old grandpa, a lawyer, a knowbody, or a somebody, anyone, But you don't know them at all. $1,000,000 can be yours, you just have to know and understand These 4 rules.
  1. You have the box for one week, and the box must be given back to the person that gave it to you
  2. If you push the button you WILL receive $1,000,000
  3. IF you push the button, someone you don't know, and have NEVER met will die, and the death will not be traced back to you, and you will never know who died as a result of the button being pushed.
  4. You can only push the button once.
My question is...Who would push the button?

:clock:

Phil

I wouldn't, but you asked who would.........? I would have to guess someone that has no real understanding of the value of one life and how many people that life could affect. Or just someone who likes to gamble......you said it could be a drug dealer or such. I couldn't take that chance but, others possibly could.

The money would be nice but it would hurt too many people even though I don't know them. What if someone else pushed it and it was your wife, child, mother, father... I couldn't no way no how.

value of a life is worth more... bump it to $150......and we'll see...

-RPM

value of a life is worth more... bump it to $150......and we'll see...

-RPM

Done...LEts say $1,000,000

Its an old story/question, so I should bring it up to date with the times.
I'll edit the orig post

still no way no how.
Good on ya.

I'm guna play the little devil in everyone though... there's got to be someone out there that would admit that they might push it. I mean People die every day...Hundereds of people die a week, thousands apon thousands a month... Whats one more... you'll never know the difference :snakeman:

I got to be honest this was a longer story originally than what I typed above, and when I first heard it years ago, I said HELL NO I wouldn't push it....then as time whent on, I though, Hmm...

I don't think that there is alot of people out there that would admit that they would do it...but I think someone on here might...and some people might want to push the button, but not be willing to type on here that they would do it.

I hold no hard fealings towards anyone if they type that they would push it. Temptation is a B*$#@&!

Phil

"You wouldn't know who it was" Who's the most loved person in your life? Are you ready to lose em?
I couldn't push it. Final answer

I couldn't push it. Everyones life has value, even that drug dealer means something to someone somewhere. Having to put someone else through that loss for your greed? No way, not for me at least.

I wouldn't do it for any amount of money! If I ever got to the point in my life that money meant more to me than anything else in the world then My life would not be worth living. I'd have to become a Politicion or a lawyer!

we,re all educated normal people who wouldnt do it but theres people out there who kill everyday for money and know who they kill

Daredevil, are you talking about the mexican police force? That bunch is a scary bunch. I would not want to be on their hit list.

OK, Let me hold your box for a week.
I'll pull the button. You can kill me. I wont give back the box.

I probably would have pushed it before having a child. After the birth of my son I will now say no way.

Honesty is a tough one.

What if destiny is a real thing and the unknown person is supposed to die? What if the money is destined for a higher purpose in something you will do with it? I don't know if I would push the button or not, but maybe you are supposed to.

My luck, the box would be rigged to blow me up. I would get the money wired to my account posthumously.
icon8.gif

Jerry

I would push it then use half the money to start a foundation for people who died from little black box button pushings...

That way I would not feel bad.

OK, Let me hold your box for a week.
I'll pull the button. You can kill me. I wont give back the box.

nope, you can't change the rules. the rules are simple

KAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

Like my 68 hemi dart and matching Hemi Cuda

Ya i'm Greedy
Nope, it won't blow up. There are no explosives in the box, and just a light will turn on if it is pushed, just to prove that the button was pushed

My luck, the box would be rigged to blow me up. I would get the money wired to my account posthumously.
icon8.gif

Jerry

No explosives

I would push it then use half the money to start a foundation for people who died from little black box button pushings...

That way I would not feel bad.

Is that a real answer...do we have a button pusher?

Some people say that it is mean and that they wouldn't want to do that to anyone...what if you are doing it as a favour. It could be a cancer patient that is fighting a painfull loosing battle. Or a 90 year old stroke victim that is liveing in there son/daughter's basment, and causing a finantial burden to his kids. Or a wife beater...or a terrorist...

what if you didn't push the button, and as a result, knowone died...but the person that would have died is still alive, and ends up being responsible for multiple murders, including one of your close loved ones?

???

Who would push it? anyone?

What if Sarah Palin came to my house and banged me for my vote?

What if it rains tomorrow?

What if monkeys flew out yo ***?

There is no way, I have lost family and friends and I could not do that to anyone else knowingly. I can't say that the temptation would not be there, it's like any button that you tell a preson not to touch.

But Karma is a b@#ch as well.

There is no way, I have lost family and friends and I could not do that to anyone else knowingly. I can't say that the temptation would not be there, it's like any button that you tell a preson not to touch.

But Karma is a b@#ch as well.

Yup, But debt free Karma :)

I think we all know what the responsible answer is... But I bet some people out there might cave in a bit more if the box was right in front of them, and it was "REAL"

I bet some people think that they would push it, but won't admit it.

:snakeman: $1,000,000 could buy that big house....that big shop, the car you allways wanted, or finish your car the way you want, take the better half for that trip you have dreamed about...RETIRE!

I won't lie..when I first heard the story, I ended up thinking...why not. But I was also only a kid.

I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Heck, there's a lot of things that I would do for a cool Mill.

How many of you that say you wouldn't push the button own a gun?

I saw that there were many/some here that responded to one of the political threads, condemning anyone who would attempt to try and institute some kind of gun control. "Gotta protect my home and family". So you have no problem with killing an intruder(someone's family member, somewhere), but to be responsible for the death of someone far removed from your everyday situation you have an ethical dilemma.

Kinda weird.

-
Back