Who's #2?

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
It may be sacreligious to many folks on this site who are die-hard "Mopar or no car" types, but I'm just curious which Brand X is your second favorite auto brand (behind Dodge, Plymouth, and Chrysler of course)?

AMC?
Ford?
Mecury?
Chevy?
Pontiac?
Olds?
Others?

Thats funny, I was just mentioning this on inklunkies thread that Ford was second but after thinking about it, I think that what ever is diffirent get's my vote. So heres some of mine.
67-68 Stangs
Any 442
Bandit style T-A's
68-70 Buick GS
GTO Judges
67 Cougar
69 AMX

Oh yeah I did like my 1978 Honda Civic CVCC.

It's hard to say. I love GTO's (especially '68-'70s), I love Camaros ('69-'73), I love Buick GS' & GSXs, I love AMXs, I love Mustangs. It's really hard to pick one but I'd say Chevy.

Ok, throw rocks at me if you have too, I say Honda. Good on gas and hella resale value, last forever. I didn't want to say it but you made me. I have 2 Honda Civics I keep behind the Mopar stable.

Ford, with VW Beetles a close 3rd. However, I refuse to own even a bolt from a car made by GM. Yugo made better cars than they do.

Chevys. Dream car, 2010 Corvette Grand Sport convertible.

grandsport1-1280.jpg

Tough question to answer as I've had several good cars/trucks by other manufacturers. My first car was a '64 Olds F-85 that was a great car. I think you always have a soft spot for your first car.
Here's a list of the ones that I wish I still had:
Non-Mopar
* 1969 Ford F250: Light blue and white, 390, bulletproof
* 1974 Firebird TransAm: Buccaneer red, black interior, 455
* 1977 Ford F250 Supercab: Copper, 460, also bulletproof
* 1983 HurstOlds: 15th Anniversary edition, black and silver, dark red interior

Mopar
* 1969 Dart 340 Swinger: R4 red, black interior. I loved that car
* 1970 Charger 500: J5 (Sublime) green, black vinyl top, black interior. Beautiful car

Mopar A-Body #1
2010 Challenger 5.7 Hemi Classic pkg w/6 speed manual. Oh Yeah! #2
Ford mid sized platform 64/65 #3
64/65 GTO/Chevelle #4
49 Chev Business Coupe #5
#2 is the only one I wouldn't wrench on.
Rat

Mopar A-Body #1
2010 Challenger 5.7 Hemi Classic pkg w/6 speed manual. Oh Yeah! #2
Ford mid sized platform 64/65 #3
64/65 GTO/Chevelle #4
49 Chev Business Coupe #5
#2 is the only one I wouldn't wrench on.
Rat

You need a nice 289 hypo in that Comet. Whats in it?

I love the new Challengers so don't take me wrong but I think there too big. Hell, none of the retros or their counterparts were worth a **** as 4 passenger cars anyway.

You need a nice 289 hypo in that Comet. Whats in it?

I love the new Challengers so don't take me wrong but I think there too big. Hell, none of the retros or their counterparts were worth a **** as 4 passenger cars anyway.

K-Code 289/271 Hp out of the box. That's was Carrol Shelby's starting point.
Wish I had a 2D HT with one of those & a tremac 5 speed but I don't. Mine is a C-code 180Hp stocker but I built it to cruise. Yes the new platform Challanger has too high a beltline and is to heavy but the technology is superb and they have a shaker hood kit for them now!!!! I like that car but I like my old ones better!
DR

Forgot to mention, I had a '68 Z-28, M-22 and 4.88's. Ordered it brand new. That was one quick little car no matter what you anti-Chevy guys say! LOL

I guess mine would have to be AMC or an old mule if he got sick i could shoot him everything else has made me walk

I'd say my old 1972 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350/4-speed (with no A/C) with daisy mags and giant Trans Am springs/sway bars. The first car I bought by myself from a dealer. Mind boggling handling, considering the year it was built. I was a hardcore Pontiac guy until they started dropping SBC engines in them.......that was the last straw......I was out. I also like later model Corvairs.....they're flat out beautiful.

Every marque has a few models I'd own.

My 97 Crown Vic with the performance package has held up well, runs great. It's different to own a car with an air compressor that comes on, people don't know what that sound is...

For daily drivers and work I have Ford trucks....4 of them...I also have a Fox Mustang GT 5.0 and a Suburban, so the Ford out number the GM...if I was going to replace the Dart or add to the collectible end it would be a 70 AMX, 390 4 sp..Golden Lime Green with the black mask paint...had one in 73 - 76, sold it when I went into the Air Force...

Well after all the mopars I want:
71 340 pistol grip cuda in white w/black interior(bout given up on this one )
69 and 70 superbee( I still might build one of these even a clone but it'd be a big block 6pak stick shift car if I built a clone)

I have a thing for fox body mustangs as I have a few of them, my daily driver right now is an 87 coupe runs high 12s with a pretty mild 306 and still gets over 20mpg on the freeway. I have a 472 in the works for an 85 mustang gt body I have thats gonna end up with kaase p-51 heads when the money lets me get the heads for now it's getting a set of worked DOVE-Cs and its gonna be under 3k lbs ready to go and street legal. But, with all the mopars we have and as busy as they keep me it's gonna be a while because all of our mopars have priority over our 3 foxbody mustangs,( I just got done putting the stage 6 headed 440 back together that belongs in the duster that I just got done a cpl weeks ago putting a 383 in for a short time while the 440 was down(sleeved a cylinder).
As far as gm products...Not many of the mainstream cars like chevelles camaros etc. I like the GSX stage 1,442s,65 goats( i have a friend with one with 389 tri-power and a stick shift) I you've gathered i like stick shifts your right even that 472/foxbody I'm building is gonna have a stick in it(prob a toploader) come hell or high water, so is my duster(833 for that one)
Jr.

-
Back