Who's attending MATS 2011?

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
I was wondering how you all would feel about setting up a meet and greet type thing at mats this year? Put faces to screen names you know? I realize some folks may not be into doing something like this but I feel a majority probably would. Maybe we can all meet at the cannery before the concert? Maybe in the parking lot outside of the concert? Give me some feedback and let's try to set something up! I think it would be awesome to meet you guys! So what does everyone think?

Mopars at the Strip...in 2011...
in las vegas, nv

April 8 -11...at the strip...(dragstrip)

Lol hey no problem, its Mopars at the strip in las vegas. The greatest mopar event this side of the rockies!

ok I know what it is! A little slow on the draw right now, feel like a chuckehead! I wish I could go but between business being kinda goofy right now, my car ain't done because I'm working on everyone elses and trying to rent a new shop all in one fell swoop I'm getting bulldozed...

I realize Mopars at the Strip has grown over the years, but best Mopar show west of the Rockies? Really? I thought that was Spring Fling. Its been a few years since I've attended Spring Fling, but I recall about 600 cars in the show and a good number of vendors selling good usable solid southwestern parts.
I thought Mopars at the strip was mostly just racing and a manufacturers midway, and a couple hundred show cars.
Not being interested in traveling across country and seeing vendors I can see at Carlisle or the Mopar Nats and being more interested in survivor and restored stock show cars than racing or modified cars, should it be Spring Fling or Mopars at the Strip that I should be considering attending?

yes...there is dragracing at MATS...just not a car show for the trailer queens...

I realize Mopars at the Strip has grown over the years, but best Mopar show west of the Rockies? Really? I thought that was Spring Fling. Its been a few years since I've attended Spring Fling, but I recall about 600 cars in the show and a good number of vendors selling good usable solid southwestern parts.
I thought Mopars at the strip was mostly just racing and a manufacturers midway, and a couple hundred show cars.
Not being interested in traveling across country and seeing vendors I can see at Carlisle or the Mopar Nats and being more interested in survivor and restored stock show cars than racing or modified cars, should it be Spring Fling or Mopars at the Strip that I should be considering attending?

Lol ok you got me on that one. I've never attended spring fling so I can't say which is better. I can say that every year I attend mats I have an awesome time. Yes the drag racing is a huge part of the event as well as the midway, but also the host hotel. The free concert is awesome! Not to mention it all takes place not to far away from sin city.

I'm planning on being there. Hopefully the Duster will be done to make the drive up. Also bringing a couple guys I just converted to Mopar. One with a '72 'Cuda, the other on the hunt for a Charger.
I went last year for only the saturday and had a blast. Looking forward to being there the whole weekend hopefully with my car. That whole weekend is also going to serve as Part 1 of a friend's bachelor party...Vegas Baby!!! haha

I'm planning on being there. Hopefully the Duster will be done to make the drive up. Also bringing a couple guys I just converted to Mopar. One with a '72 'Cuda, the other on the hunt for a Charger.
I went last year for only the saturday and had a blast. Looking forward to being there the whole weekend hopefully with my car. That whole weekend is also going to serve as Part 1 of a friend's bachelor party...Vegas Baby!!! haha
Four Of us wolfs, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, Looking for Strippers and cocaine....

im going and bring a newly converted mopar guy! this will be my first time out and hope to race in the six class...

...should it be Spring Fling or Mopars at the Strip that I should be considering attending?

Hit both of them this year since they're on consecutive weekends. MATS is April 8-10 in Las Vegas and Spring Fling is April 15-17 in SoCal.
Inland Mopars Car Club will be represented at both. Members of Inland Mopars will be parking the show field at MATS on Friday and Saturday, so make sure you introduce yourself and say 'Hi'.

I think setting up a meet & greet with other members is a good idea. We'll be there with the Demon this year. We've never been to the MATS, so I'm really excited to check it out.

I might be going. If not, I will be in AZ sometime in April to pick up my car. I have a list of people that I need to stop by and see so maybe I could swing by and meet you?

Hey ink, If you're talking to me that would be great. Do you still have my cell #?

I'm hoping to go. So far I've been to the MATS 3 times, seem to get there every 2nd or 3rd year.
I actually went in 2010 with my bro, but trying to talk the wife into going with me for the 2011. Do the MATS during the day, then have dinner and go to a show at night. Sounds good to me, but she's not a big fan of Vegas. (to much sin in sin city for her)

It will certainly be a different type of trip with the wife along instead of my brother. Mainly, no strip clubs with wifey along. lol

Anywho, I may make it, but maybe not. Still unemployed so cash is tight, but I do have two free tickets on Southwest so the flights are already covered.

p.s. I think a meet up with you guys would be cool.

Hey ink, If you're talking to me that would be great. Do you still have my cell #?
I think I put it in my cell phone, but I need to find it to make sure. I have it written down somewhere also, but you might want to send it to me, just in case.....:banghead::banghead:...I will not be staying with my old neighbor this time, so it will be much easier for me to get everything done that I want to. Will probably end up staying longer than I normally do, I have to meet several people that I used to work with....

will have to convoy over!

A large group of Mopars meet at the Scottsdale Pavillions on Friday morning and caravans there with a couple of scheduled stops. There's a Dodge dealer in Kingman that has hosted lunch for the participants in past years. Hopefully, that will happen again this year. That'd be great if you can go........we'll be in touch when the time gets closer!

ink, I'll send you a PM.

As of last week.....I wont be going.This would have been my 5th year.If my job pics up, may try.....but I will miss racing the slant class.Was runner up in 09.

I think setting up a meet & greet with other members is a good idea. We'll be there with the Demon this year. We've never been to the MATS, so I'm really excited to check it out.
You will have an awesome time C! Its a great show, alot of really sweet cars and great people.
Four Of us wolfs, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, Looking for Strippers and cocaine....
LMAO! Go on, don't look at it, don’t look at me either. LOL
I`ll be runnimg the Dart this year.
I will be running my dart also. What class are you running it in?

I would definitely like to go but would probably have to trailer the duster up since i'm only getting about 5mpg. ha

A large group of Mopars meet at the Scottsdale Pavillions on Friday morning and caravans there with a couple of scheduled stops. There's a Dodge dealer in Kingman that has hosted lunch for the participants in past years. Hopefully, that will happen again this year. That'd be great if you can go........we'll be in touch when the time gets closer!

ink, I'll send you a PM.

The cruise up to MATS is on Thursday. Here's the cruise info page http://www.matslv.com/2007/mopower_cruse.shtml#5 and there's also a few videos up on youtube of the past cruises.

-
Back