Who's idea for the 68' Hemi Dart

-
:coffee2:
some good info on here, but, you`all are forgetting the 426 street hemi`s were refactored by the nhra to 525 horsepower., a long time ago. a race hemi had much more than that!
I remember this, I was racing a street hemi .

lots of good pics on facebook,on v8fm,and vintage a-bodys,lots of good hemi a-body and cuda pics

View attachment 1715096720
Let us not forget the 427 fairlanes, they were fast and lite weight. Probably had the flimsiest rear suspension in the business. My first wifes cousin had one , was a real rear wheel bouncer. It was lighter than my 66-67 belvedere and ran about the same et.

heres a few invoices

Yes this old documents are so cool to read about...
One thing that is impressive is how fast this all happened once Chrysler decided to build this SS/B entry. In mid February the first run of fifty + Darts and Barracudas were ready to ship.
Underlined...I don´t think Chrysler went through with the Gas Tank Shield though? What do you say?
Also they obviously change their mind about all cars being equipped with Dana Axels.
1011248_10202576732917140_2070801926_n.jpg

Dragondan64, I absolutely loved your input on Mr. Norm. I was born and raised on the southwest side of Chicago (Brighton Park) and remember Grand Spaulding Dodge very well. I still belong to his Sport Club and enjoy it. I am a collector of all of David Snyders Mopar car art he does some fantastic work and they are all signed and numbered. I even have one with his and Mr. Norm's autograph. Got to meet him finally in 2005 and he autographed a Dodge jacket I have and a bunch of other stuff I had with me. What a hell of a nice guy and a plethora of knowledge, I stood there and listened to him talk for about an hour. Today if you buy anything from his business he will still take the time to autograph each and every piece you purchase. If you are stuck and have a really technical question he will email you back with an answer. He truly deserves every award he gets because he is a walking encyclopedia of Dodge knowledge. To me he was an icon growing up, that is when I truly became a Mopar addict and still am after all these years. Thanks for bringing up some very special memories, I will cherish them always.

-
Back