who's right and who's wrong....

-
I ain't watchin that ****. First of all, "it's Yahoo." Any other questions?

Doesn't matter who's right or wrong the guy almost died for telling that idiot in the bmw to not text and drive, not a smart thing to do on a motorcycle. if he was in a car he would have been ok I think, I hope he learned to not say anything to piss someone off when your on a bike. I hope it all works out for him..

he is complaining when he was in between cars at the stop light..??!! he was breaking the law by doing that... if he would have been BEHIND the car in front of him at the light.... instead of being an idiot... this would not have happened.... crowdfunding for this idiot? really? also taunting the BMW driver... i think we all have wanted to tap another car at some point in our driving life....

Doesn't matter who's right or wrong the guy almost died for telling that idiot in the bmw to not text and drive, not a smart thing to do on a motorcycle. if he was in a car he would have been ok I think, I hope he learned to not say anything to piss someone off when your on a bike. I hope it all works out for him..

That IS the point right there.

he is complaining when he was in between cars at the stop light..??!! he was breaking the law by doing that... if he would have been BEHIND the car in front of him at the light.... instead of being an idiot... this would not have happened.... crowdfunding for this idiot? really? also taunting the BMW driver... i think we all have wanted to tap another car at some point in our driving life....

+2

driving a motorcycle myself there are certain thing I NEVER do, one of which is driving in between cars where there is no lane
the other is going out of my way to piss people off

it seems he did both of those on purpose

I don't think anyone was "right" in this case but I will tell you this joker was wrong and at fault

Not illegal in CA to split lanes.

MC is a knucklehead, probably holding up the BMW. His head movement says a lot.

BMW driver is a bigger idiot and responsible for the incident, crossed into center divider to pass. That's illegal in CA. That section is only allowed to be entered to execute or complete a left turn, not to pass.

Some states allow lane splitting...

Yes, lane splitting is authorized in California, I just seen a deal on it on television a few days ago. I think it's a stupid thing to do but...

Now...first the motorcycle driver could have refrained from using foul language. Could have said something like, "hey dude, could you not text and drive, please"

Certainly, the BMW driver intended to run the guy over and should be charged.

Unfortunately, people are going to text. I see it every day, all day long here. It drives me nuts, but my guess is they are not going to stop. Too bad people no longer have much sense. And, I'm sure they are not all doctors saving someone's life with that text.

Just my .02.

Lane splitting is allowed but not a law in Cali. They are trying to get that law passed as we speak. MT

Guy on the bike was legally OK on split lane. Telling another driver to get off the phone? Best bet is to take a picture and then look for a cop. This vigilante type attempt at enforcing traffic law never ends well. He should take a picture of driver and also of license plate. You can turn in people for throwing out cigarette butts in CA. Let the law do their job.

Now as far as the BMW driver? Well he just attacked someone with a lethal weapon. Just hope someone got his license. Aggravated hit and run with intent to do bodily harm. That is jail sentence for sure.

Now as far as the BMW driver? Well he just attacked someone with a lethal weapon. Just hope someone got his license. Aggravated hit and run with intent to do bodily harm. That is jail sentence for sure.

not in CA
they will make the case the bozo on the bike was acting as "law enforcement" and therefor fair game

Read your avatar. That's my answer.

Yea I don't think the BMW guy ment to hit the idiot on the bike.. I think he was going to buzz him.. Looks like the bike rider was watching for something to happen over his right shoulder like he was going to change lanes.. Not his place to tell anyone what to do while driving.. The guy with the BMW should have just got out and tipped the rider over in the street...lol

And yes I use to ride.

Didn't we just have a thread regarding the status of BMW drivers?

-
Back