Who's Running an Edelbrock CH-28 2x4 Intake on the Street?

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thinking maybe I need one of these on my 499"RB. Wanted to see who's running one and your thoughts.

Currently I am running a ported Victor intake and know that I'll give up some performance if I switch it out, but they just look to cool to not inquire.

Only interested in hearing from guys that have real experience with them.

Thanks,
Tom

I had one on my 66 coronet with two 600 Edelbrocks. My 440 was 9.4 to 1, hughes 228 232 @50 cam. Headers and some head work. It ran well. Very responsive. I first had progressive linkage but it was much more responsive with both carbs opening the same rate. The only issue I'd get was some poor running if I was in traffic on hot days. The carbs would boil. As soon as I got moving it cleared out. I ran it on a drag night for fun with 3.23s and street tires. I believe my best was 13.36. That was with points distributor and my trans was not optimal.

was
I had one on my 66 coronet with two 600 Edelbrocks. My 440 was 9.4 to 1, hughes 228 232 @50 cam. Headers and some head work. It ran well. Very responsive. I first had progressive linkage but it was much more responsive with both carbs opening the same rate. The only issue I'd get was some poor running if I was in traffic on hot days. The carbs would boil. As soon as I got moving it cleared out. I ran it on a drag night for fun with 3.23s and street tires. I believe my best was 13.36. That was with points distributor and my trans was not optimal.
the linkage and gas pedal still factory smooth or was it stiff?

I had a lokar kick down cable and throttle cable. It worked just fine. Pedal pressure was normal.
cool, I'm with you tom, cool factor it'll look awesome, I bet it would work great for a torque monster stroker. 2 thermoquads? wow

cool, I'm with you tom, cool factor it'll look awesome, I bet it would work great for a torque monster stroker. 2 thermoquads? wow
I don't think two thermoquads would fit that intake. The carbs are very close together. Unless you made some offset adapters

-
Back