Why all the hate for youtubers?

-
Yep, that is one thing that makes me leave a dislike. I don’t need background music jacking up the content. It seems some of these guys read “YouTube For Idiots” or something.
They kind of do. You tube gives them "suggestions" of what is popular.
What YouTube doesn't get is the audience for say q cylinder head porting video is way different than the audience for a video of someone else playing minecraft.

Sometimes I write in the youtube comments. I call it constructive criticism but, is often perceived as hate. For instance, many tubers have background music while they are talking. I find that annoying. Many would say, "you don't like it, move on". Thing is, I liked the content. But, I moved on. Maybe one less viewer doesn't matter. Maybe, he gained many viewers because of the raunchy noise in the background.
Many car builds, the presenter has the camera pointed at his face for 5 minutes while talking about his build. "Point the camera at the car and talk". I made such a comment and was slammed for it. I don't watch that channel anymore. Maybe one less viewer doesn't mean anything.
I think there is something that is missed by most viewers. Youtube has too first be fun for the creator. Using myself as an example, it's an extension of the hobby and if I don't enjoy it, I won't do it. I have to enjoy the entire process. And this would speak for most small channels that aren't making a living off of it. I think too many viewers see youtube as the creator owes the viewer something. I always say, "when you pay monthly fee's for subscription, I'll have a complaint department" :D

With all the threads bashing Uncle Tony & the “In General” topic created here, why is anyone wasting time bashing UT. There’s even a new guy bashing UT in his first video. Please join him there in bashing UT and leave him out of this thread.

UT and any support or bashing isn’t needed in this thread.

Tony got a bad reputation for doing his supposed friends and partners wrong. Lunar, Lambchop, Mopar Al...he crapped on them and threw them under the bus . Used them like whores dumped them off the next block. people are catching on to the POS that Tony is. that's why when someone says he's a good person people come on and say "ah no he really isn't..." that and he just plain tells lies. Now the "UTG gang" tries to stifle the truth and shut comments like this down. Some of us feel the truth needs to be mentioned. Its all there in his videos but he censors comments . Over Time Tony will remove the video evidence if he senses the heat becoming too much. He keeps on having replacment audience for the ones who wise up and move away from his channel though... naivety grows on trees these days it seems. If anyone is paying any attention at all he is repeating his content another 318 build? c mon he couldnt make 300 with a cam and 4 barrel now he's going to do it with a carter BBD? are people really this dumb...? Tony doesn't know anything the Chrysler engineers didn't know back in the day. The only thing that will come of tonys 318 tips is a bunch of ground out LA 318 heads with failed port jobs laying in a scrapyard.
Honestly I'm more interested in what David Vizard can whip up with this 318.

Poor Uncle Tony right?... :lol:
LMAO! Well, nooooo. It’s really poor us! Having to shift through the constant dribble with his name attached to a in general topic YT thread. Hate ‘em? Love’em? I don’t care.
I’m just tired of seeing his name and the commotions attached to it. I liked this thread until UT popped into it. Perhaps it’ll change?
:rofl:

UTubers PLEASE give me the meat, the details in 2 minutes or less! Keep the fluff to yourself! I am impatient!!

That’s why most videos need to be 15-20 minutes long. The first 2-3 minutes to outline what the hell you are going to discuss and the rest of the time giving the details. And skip the background music.

Honestly I'm more interested in what David Vizard can whip up with this 318.
And that is interesting. While others on FABO scream why would you do that? That’s dumb, just get a bigger engine, etc…

That project is for fun. View it or not, there going to have fun with it. Personally, I like the challenge of working on a smaller engine to make as much power as possible. Though I’d never go this route there doing, that’s for sure.

Member Austin Griggs has his 318 vs the world challenge.
How well can you make a 318 go? I don’t know, but now that I’m retired, it is a challenge I’m going to try my hand at.
And NO! (LOL!) I don’t think UT has anything for me on this BUT!!!! You never know!

It seems to me that if the camera has to be on a person's face for the whole video, the creator may be a narcissist. I understand that doing a video by oneself is limiting in the camera angles but how hard is it to find a spouse or friend ?

I left amicably... I keep getting quoted LOL!
LMAO! I’ll try not to do it from here. I’m the same way.
But! I’m sure you can add to the conversation at hand still.
Do you have a YouTube channel? Just wondering. That’s all.

I personally am a fan of YT due to the wide scope of stuff that is out there. And there is most definitely a ton of garbage out there. But there is a lot of cool, entertaining and informative stuff. If I don't like it or it sucks, I'll quickly move on to something else. I am in control of what I watch and someone said it before, but you can't beat the price.
It's definitely not something everyone should be doing, so I decided to start my own channel anyway. :steering:
I do it because it is fun for me though I do try to produce content that others may enjoy watching or find entertaining. I know there's at least 4 or 5 people out there that have similar interests to me.
I don't try to be hateful, spiteful or some kind of jerk to stir up controversy even to the trolls out there. I only want to have fun and hopefully bring some of that fun to those that share common interests.
Check out my channel if you're interested. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2IpGkP9616pww6KOwyrd3A

I think everything that everyone complains about on youtube is right here on FABO... except you read it instead of watching it !!!!
:lol:

Read much? I said no such thing.
No, but I did. It's fooking entertainment, with automotive subject matter, some of which may prove informative/valuable. If You have any business performing/executing any of it, You know the difference between BS Hickaboo logic, & stuff that works. If You want to learn tech, go buy as many books authored by folks who have been there & done it in championship fashion You can, & READ!!!
Take in as much info from as many sources as possible, and if You've got the gift, You'll figure out the rest. If You just want someone to give You the "Combo-o-Magic", there are tons of builds w/dyno tests documented, and there's a sticky in the SB Forum with just that.
UTG is a SHOW, & that's it. The content validity rides like a tsunami wave up & down, from right-on, to WTF? LOL!! If anyone takes that crap seriously enough to get "hateful" towards Him, or anyone, I'd seek counseling.

Would you guys rather see "First person" as in someone is rebuilding a carb,and all you see is the bench, the parts and tools, and the persons hands doing the work?

-
Back