Why am I "up" at 3:30AM? Because, shingles.........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I guess they are in full bloom. Damn these hurt. A hydrocodone taken right at bedtime did not touch them. They are on the left side of the back of my neck, ear, and along my lower jaw. Cannot lie on my back, only my right-ish side, which is my "bad" side for doing so, A second miserable "night."

Oh, ouch. Get better soon. I have known a couple people to have it and it looks miserable.

In my twenties, I did shots all the time...
Whiskey, rum, tequila

In my fifties, I do shots all the time...
COVID, flu, shingles

I got vaccinated last year for shingles. The first shot was 200 f*n dollars! Luckily second one was a lot less!

Hope this passes for you real soon.

I had a cousin that had them for about 3 years before he passed away of other causes. Hope and pray you get over them soon.Joe

Doctor told me the shingles vaccine that they give today is a whole lot better than the original. I'm going to get one as soon as the wife is able to drive again.
Get well soon

Ate some bk, earlier, and took another hydro. Fell asleep in my big chair, and "I should have known" it works better than bed. 7:30, I feel a tiny bit more comfortable.

The 04 GMC started rubbing a front rotor, I HAVE to get pads on it and either turn or replace the front rotors.

The project truck is drivable by day, but the tail lights still don't work, and I have not looked. Errands yesterday, about 3--3:30PM it was heavy overcast and EVERYBODY (except me) had their lights on.

I guess they are in full bloom. Damn these hurt. A hydrocodone taken right at bedtime did not touch them. They are on the left side of the back of my neck, ear, and along my lower jaw. Cannot lie on my back, only my right-ish side, which is my "bad" side for doing so, A second miserable "night."
Hydrocodone is a weak pain medication to begin with. I take 10-325's.

In my twenties, I did shots all the time...
Whiskey, rum, tequila

In my fifties, I do shots all the time...
COVID, flu, shingles

I got vaccinated last year for shingles. The first shot was 200 f*n dollars! Luckily second one was a lot less!

Hope this passes for you real soon.
The wife and I are on Medicare, we have Medicare complete and our shingles vaccination didn't cost us anything, but I would have gladly paid for it to keep from getting the shingles.

Wife had it on her side a few years ago. She was in pain for five days straight. They gave her oxy and she usually refuses pain med's for some insane reasons, but she took them this time. She slept in a chair for five nights and was just miserable. (more that usual) ..We get the shots now, never thought about it before. good luck.

Yikes! My mom had them a while ago. It wasn't any fun for her either. So, I got my 1st Shingles vaccine a few weeks ago. The 2nd vaccine is scheduled for mid January.

Feel better soon!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. I’m about due for the second dose of the shingles vax. My wife had shingles last year and it was not a fun experience and left some scars on her face. Bad juju.

Last edited:
Wife and I got the shots. The day after the 2nd one, neither of us felt that great. But it was short-lived and by afternoon we were fine.
2 months later, I got a mild case of shingles. Was glad I had had the shots as it was pretty mild and not that painful. Hope they never return!!

Prayers for ya!Monday I'm going to get the shot.ive been putting it off.My neighbor got it 3 years ago in her eye!

Have you seen a doctor and gotten proper drugs/meds for it???

Last night was a bit better. Tiny bit. For first time I was able to lay my head and lie on my back rather than side. It's 12F frickin degrees here at 6AM and the high is a blistering 30-33, but that won't happen til 1PM or after

Have you seen a doctor and gotten proper drugs/meds for it???
Yes. The emergency room MISSED that they were shingles, and a couple days later after having talked with my docs office she got me in there and "took one look."

Mostly, hydrocodone, for pain. The thing is, they are in my scalp and beard, so difficult to apply any lotion type meds

got my first shot a couple weeks ago, it was free i just walked into my local pharmacy next shot is due in a month and a half then your good for ten years i think

My wife found Lyrica the best for the nerve pain. Keep your hands away from your eyes........Get well soon Del.

Sorry you got that awful mess. I need to get the shots but just ain't done it! A friend of ours got it, and it crept around and got in her eye. Whatever you do, don't let it get in your eyes. She said the shingles on her back and neck were nothin compared to that. Get well soon.

-
Back