Why did I do it?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
Today I went over and started to move the 67 Dart Hardtop that I'm buying. It has some parts I want and it might be able to be repaired.

I asked myself why I'm buying another car, I must be sick or something.

3 81/82 Imperials, 2 for parts

67 Dart Convertible
74 Caddy CoupedeVille
85 Bronco
95 Dodge Ram 2500
99 Prowler
04 Ford van
86 Goldwing
now another 67 Dart

here is a few shots from the CarFarm

airNup.JPG

read2move.JPG

rearDart.JPG

dodgetruck.JPG

Fbody.JPG

It is a sickness... Unfortunetly, I'm stricken with the same ailment. I live in a neighborhood with a 2 car garage and about 1/3 an acre of ground. This is what I've managed to collect (so far...):

68 Dart (440 project)
69 Superbee
68 Charger
2x73 Dusters (one for parts)
73 Cuda (in my bro's garage)
89 Ramcharger - everyday driver right now
05 300c the wife drives the nice car
98 Mercury (was the everyday, but needs a new timing belt)

I seriously look, almost on a daily basis, for good deals on Ebay or internet forums for more cars - My wife WILL kill me one of these days...

Because you are a true car guy like the rest of us:cheers: BTW there was a 81 Imperial for sale here in Vegas recently for $500. The guy said it was a nice daily driver, but I didn't have the extra cash.

51 Chev pickup
59 TR3
64 Riviera
65 Stang drop top
3 - 70 Dusters (1 for parts)
89 Chev pickup
96 Yukon
00 Stang drop top
02 Jeep TJ (Wrangler)

I feel your pain :-D

65 Dart vert
66 Dart vert
86 Mustang GT 5.0
98 Suburban
98 Ford F150
03 Ford F450
92 Ford F250

I found a 67 Dart the other day and took a look, and told my wife this morning I found a 67 Mustang fastback I was going to look at....she said e-bay, I hope! It's a sickness, but you always have something to do, one of them always seems to need something.

'73 Rallye Red Duster
'73 Yellow Dart Sport
'03 Monte Carlo
'95 F-150
'70 CST-10
No wife. I can have as many as I want. I'm wanting another A-body to paint green. That way I can have my own traffic signal.

72DUSTER.......REMIND her that it could be worse..............................

A WHOLE LOT WORSE !!!

P6041685.jpg

DiningRoomTable.jpg

Ducati.jpg

As long as you aren't deliberately washing car parts in the dishwasher, a wife shouldn't be pissed about anything IMO.

won parts on ebay today too that i thought I wouldn't get, my wife is OK with most of what i do, but I think it might be getting to her ....................... LOL

here is some other vehicles at the car farm

I really would like to have the 48 GMC COE to make a car hauler out of

too bad the 39 Chrysler is rusted to nothing, I love the look of it The guy paid $20 for it and my guess he is in his 70's, he probably got it as a kid, was telling me how much fun he had in it

The dart really looks good for what it is, hope the bottom is better than I think it will be

48COE2.JPG

48COE.JPG

dodgetruck.JPG

IH.JPG

group39.JPG

hookedDart.JPG

I see that you are in Greenfield ,is Fields Junk yard still in business?

Gotta be 20+ years since I was there,walked around the pigs to get to the cars.

feel your pain man!!!!
65 galaxy
65 cuda
78 ford 250
84 cj7
97 wrangler
and i still check craig;s list everyday why?:munky2:

Anything that starts with a 199? or 198? you can just get rid of to make way for the new 1967 Dart.

I really would like to have the 48 GMC COE to make a car hauler out of

There is a local guy that is doing just that with a '48....the 39 is cool, I've seen guys pull alot worse out to start with...

I found a 65 Dart GT last night I'm going to go look at this morning...2 weeks ago, I found a 71 Imperial 440, conv, white bucket seats, auto on the floor. Was sitting at an old house the bank repo'd, was working on getting hold of the bank and saw the car was hauled out along with a 71 Ranchero GT, and 4 or 5 other pieces. The same day found a field behind a barn with a treasure trove of old cars...

57 Chrylser 2 door htp
64 Belvedere 2 door post
60 Chevy 2 door htp
3-64 Chevy 2 dr htp
63 Chevy Vert
57 Chevy 210 2 dr post
2- 68 Cougars
5 or more old pickups plus another 30 or so more cars....and there was 3 barns on the property....wonder whats in those...

Good luck with the Dart...

what about the aspen there

It looks like a '79 Aspen, not an '80. The side markers would have been visible if it were an '80 as they are integrated into the grill. The font turn signals could come with or without the bars which is why the pic of the super coupe is up there.
The first one is an '80 the second one is a '78 super coupe the third one is a '79 R/T and the fourth one is a '79 R/T as well.

Sorry I am not trying to Hijack the thread Very nice looking dart you picked up can't wait to see more pics

dancam.jpg

78plyscfs.jpg

0bd0_3.JPG

e210_1.JPG

It looks like a '79 Aspen, not an '80. The side markers would have been visible if it were an '80 as they are integrated into the grill. The font turn signals could come with or without the bars which is why the pic of the super coupe is up there.
The first one is an '80 the second one is a '78 super coupe the third one is a '79 R/T and the fourth one is a '79 R/T as well.

Sorry I am not trying to Hijack the thread Very nice looking dart you picked up can't wait to see more pics

wish my 79 looked that nice

checked the Aspen out today, headliner is hanging, grill looked ok don't know if they will part anything

Got the Dart moved today

i went over and changed the wheels and sprayed the drums with PB Blaster and beat with hammer to try and get the wheels to roll. No luck getting the rear and front right to move, so I had a roll back go pick it up and move to my place

The registration in the glove box was from 1977, so it my have sat for the past 31 years, plate is so rusted I cannot tell what year it is from

good news when I looked under the car and it looks to be solid

the right side is the bad side. looks like they hit the front corner with a piece of equipment. the worst thing is the damage the mice have done.

badside.JPG

goodside.JPG

So when can you say you officially have the sickness? I only have 4 cars (so far)

89 chev cellebrity wagon (we have 4 kids)
94 tracer (great milage)
70 Valiant (my daily driver)
66 Dart GT Vert (soon to be weekend cruiser)

So what are the plans for this one? I've got a couple 67s myself.( A GT and a 4dr). Donor? Fixer upper? Those sbp Centrelines would look great on my Dad's 69!

So what are the plans for this one? I've got a couple 67s myself.( A GT and a 4dr). Donor? Fixer upper? Those sbp Centrelines would look great on my Dad's 69!

wheels are actually American Racing, tires are Hoosier brand 195/70/14 front 235/60/14 rears with a lot of tread.

Not a fan of the style and would trade them for a set of small bolt pattern rallys with the 70 style center cap with tires in good condtion, I got them just to have some that would hold air and a guy at work told me he had them from a Barracuda his son had but sold a few years ago. The guy that bought the car didn't want the wheels since he was going to do BB/auto and LBP conversion.

problem is I don't have the lug nuts, ARE said they didn't have the nuts for it, so I bought a set and having the shank turned down to the correct size for the wheel

ANYONE HAVE A SET OF 10 RIGHT, 10 LEFT, shank style lug nuts with 5/8" long .611 dia. shank?

So what are the plans for this one?

don't know right now. It looks good under so far. If it is a builder then I might make a clone of my Brothers 69 GTS he had in the 70's

white, white interior red stripe 383, auto

I have been trying to get a good finish panel and the trim for above and below for 15 years. This finish panel looks good and the trim below is very good, Might still need another 2 pieces to have 4 very good ones for my convertible. Also want the rocker moldings but one good one damage and I sold the good one I had 2 years ago since I had not been able to find another good one, so not sure what I'll be doing until I get a chance to check it out.

-
Back