why I HATE

-
X2 on the tiny little mustang interior.....a bulbous body and a 3/4 scale interior.

I sat in that thing and I swear my knees were 2" off my seat at full back position.....I could never drive that thing and be comfortable. Camaro is about the same....if your over 5'6" you have to look out the sun roof or recline your seat fully just to look out the windshield.

Mopar may not be as flashy as the other offerings but sometimes less is more.
Can't argue with 600+ hp from the factory.....meow hell cat, meow.

I sat in that thing and I swear my knees were 2" off my seat at full back position.....I could never drive that thing and be comfortable. Camaro is about the same....if your over 5'6" you have to look out the sun roof or recline your seat fully just to look out the windshield.

Mopar may not be as flashy as the other offerings but sometimes less is more.
Can't argue with 600+ hp from the factory.....meow hell cat, meow.

I feel the same about a Camaro.

I'm only 5' 11" to 6' tall, depending on which 7-11 I walk out of. I could not find a comfortable position for the front seat where my head wasn't hitting the roof.

So if anyone driving a new Camaro wants to road rage me, there is a good chance that he's smaller than me and I have a good chance of winning the fight!!! Bring it on... LOL!

What I HATE about the new Chally's is those that own them won't post an E.T. on my other thread, "how'd ya run against this" .. lol

Never been a drag racer. Not a car show guy either. Just bought it and drive it. I begged them to special paint it B5 Blue since they were going to come out with a "Classic" model in B5 Blue soon. "No way" I was told unless I get the "Classic" model. I just wanted the Hemi and Manual Transmission, the rest is Bull for me. I have no intentions of changing anything on it. I've always been able to find a good Mopar. But I can wait for a good one, since I can keep my cars running as long as I want. As for 600 HP, if you have to turbo it or huff it, I'm not interested. When I picked my Challenger up, I asked how to turn off the Traction Control. He said I was Scary... I've engaged the rev control a few times...

Speaking of road rage...

When I first moved back here, they were repairing a bridge over a river that I needed to cross on the back roads to get to my mom's house. My known route was closed for construction, and the highway was jammed as it was rush hour (which sucks around here).

I went the back roads and wasn't sure which street to take to get over the river. I tried to call my brother to see if I should turn on the street that I was approaching, and he didn't answer. So I had to get back into the lane to go straight, from the right turn lane just before the stop light and accidentally cut off an old man that looked to be in his 70's driving a mercedes. He got all mad and started road raging me. I said I'm sorry, my mistake, but he kept on...

So I realized that I could see the blood rush to his head and his face darkened a full shade of red. So I started insulting him more and he changed another shade darker. I kept verbally jabbing at him to see if I could get him into cardiac arrest, or at least more shades of red. (he was taking this way too literally/seriously). Fortunately for him, he didn't. It wasn't until I finally called him out when he kept insulting my driving and not letting it go, and said, "why don't you pull over and show me how to drive", did he finally realize that he was in a loosing situation (you should have seen the worried look on his face after he realized this), and finally moved on...

My two boys were with me and also noticed his face turn the two darker shades of red. We now call that "road rage red".... LOL!

How cool would it be to have bragging rights and be able to say, "I've killed without even touching someone..." Not that I want to. I really don't want to kill someone. But it would be cool to be able to claim.... >>Macho Posturing - argh... argh... argh...<<

You're sicker than I thought.

Speaking of road rage...

When I first moved back here, they were repairing a bridge over a river that I needed to cross on the back roads to get to my mom's house. My known route was closed for construction, and the highway was jammed as it was rush hour (which sucks around here).

I went the back roads and wasn't sure which street to take to get over the river. I tried to call my brother to see if I should turn on the street that I was approaching, and he didn't answer. So I had to get back into the lane to go straight, from the right turn lane just before the stop light and accidentally cut off an old man that looked to be in his 70's driving a mercedes. He got all mad and started road raging me. I said I'm sorry, my mistake, but he kept on...

So I realized that I could see the blood rush to his head and his face darkened a full shade of red. So I started insulting him more and he changed another shade darker. I kept verbally jabbing at him to see if I could get him into cardiac arrest, or at least more shades of red. (he was taking this way too literally/seriously). Fortunately for him, he didn't. It wasn't until I finally called him out when he kept insulting my driving and not letting it go, and said, "why don't you pull over and show me how to drive", did he finally realize that he was in a loosing situation (you should have seen the worried look on his face after he realized this), and finally moved on...

My two boys were with me and also noticed his face turn the two darker shades of red. We now call that "road rage red".... LOL!

How cool would it be to have bragging rights and be able to say, "I've killed without even touching someone..." Not that I want to. I really don't want to kill someone. But it would be cool to be able to claim.... >>Macho Posturing - argh... argh... argh...<<

You're sicker than I thought.

Hey, when you start trying to run me and my kids off the road, It's game on....

You can mess with me, but threaten my kids, no way...

I tried to apologize and let it go, he kept pushing it and wouldn't let it go until I challenged him to a one-on-one. The look on his face was priceless when he finally figured out that his mouth was writing a check that his body couldn't cash and then finally drove off.

What idiot would bully someone who is much younger and stronger than him (even if I am fat)?

Yeah, he was a dumbass for sure.

(referring to the guy who confronted Karl in the car)

Are you kidnapped???? Are you being forced to read this????? I hate that you don't have enough self-control not to read what you hate....:toimonst:

I think he was refering to this.

Hey, when you start trying to run me and my kids off the road, It's game on....

You can mess with me, but threaten my kids, no way...

I tried to apologize and let it go, he kept pushing it and wouldn't let it go until I challenged him to a one-on-one. The look on his face was priceless when he finally figured out that his mouth was writing a check that his body couldn't cash and then finally drove off.

What idiot would bully someone who is much younger and stronger than him (even if I am fat)?
Join the club! AbodyJoe somebody Implied I was fat yesterday. because I thought Mustangs were cheap cheesy 3/4 scale cars. And somebody previously here said he is "only" 5'11? I'm starting to get a complex!:-(

Join the club! AbodyJoe somebody Implied I was fat yesterday. because I thought Mustangs were cheap cheesy 3/4 scale cars. And somebody previously here said he is "only" 5'11? I'm starting to get a complex!:-(

5' 11" isn't that tall by today's standards. Each generation keeps getting taller and taller (I would estimate by 2-3" average).

Abe Lincoln was considered a giant in his time and he was only 6 feet tall... Today that's about average or slightly below.

When my youngest son graduated 8th grade a few years ago, there were some boys AND girls (especially girls) that were already 6 foot or taller.... :banghead: And they aren't even done growing... (the boys usually don't sprout until high school - and the girls still have more to go also).

It made me feel short...

I have to correct myself on the "fat" comment, as it's not "politically correct": :wack:

I"m horizontally challenged...

Or I'm short for my recommended weight.... :angel5:

However, I have lost 30 lbs since Jan and am working on more. :booty:

Things I like about the new challenger:

Drivetrain and modern handling technology a plus.....fuel injection, etc.
The front end....awesome....looks like a challenger no doubt.
Interior...pretty cool.

Things I don't like about new challengers:

Rear bumper cover way too high in the air.
Rounded fender wells take away from the old school styling and make it look kinda rental car'ish.

Yes...when you go to car shows the challenger guys pretty much have no appreciation for older mopar muscle cars and couldn't relate to anything underhood on your car but they can immediately tell you,how much they paid some shop to bolt on all their catalog ordered power adders and blingazoids they have on their new hemi.

Now don't ask them what hemi means because it's too painful to hear.

Don't get me started on how ugly the flipping four door chargers are.....especially the glorified rental cars with purple paint jobs and every bell and whistle available for their FOUR DOOR CHARGER!.......I just don't get it....they look nothing like an older charger but more like a distant cousin of the newer dodge ram truck bred with a Chrysler 300.

Lastly....the new Fiat Dart.
Let's just say we should all be ashamed how they disgraced the name of the dart with this rendition that bears absolutely ZERO liking to its predecessor.

But most of the purists think my barracuda is a disgrace so who am I to talk?

In 1972 anyone over 5'10 wasn't allowed to fly a fighter as a pilot in the USAF. 5'8" was recommended. I was 5'8" in 1966, and haven't changed since then. I guess I'm out of luck! HA HA My favorite Uncle was 6'7", and in WW II he was a tank Commander in a Sherman. He was on top because he was too tall to fit inside. He didn't like not being able to close the lid, as he couldn't cower low enough to close the lid. I remember him when I drove the Mustang and Camaro. Where was the sunroof I said?

I HATE ... real heavy cars ..... HENCE me picking up my new ride .... a round-tube 27T Super Comp/Super Gas type car ...

i hate that your a dipshit well no i dont u cant help it
Me ????????????????????? I hope not, but here, here,...
Tell us what you hate about the new Chally's... we WANT to hear it!!:protest:

sounds like a whole lot of jealousy on here
jealous of the new Challengers you mean?

Why would anyone be jealous of someone who has something they bought off a dealership floor?
Seriously, it's like those threads where they have a wrecked car (usually a new corvette) and people are replying "OMG, I'm going to cry" while I'm thinking 'well, the owner can go to any GM dealership on the planet and get another one, who gives a flying you-know-what'.

Being jealous of someone who has something that can't be replaced by a walk to the store is a little different. You know, like a real Challenger. Or a 'cuda. Or a Barracuda. Or a Duster. Or a Dart. Or a Valiant. Or...well, you get it.

-
Back