why I HATE

-
1609766_682006015173749_89233989897081299_n.jpg

I thought that would be good! In reality he was pro-Nazi. In the years 36-38 Ford recruited German speaking Ford Employees from Detroit to go to Germany to build the new assy lines for the Beetle, as Hitler admired American production . And Ford Admired Hitler.
When the War started, Ford dragged it's feet to mobilize, So Roosevelt threatened to Nationalize Ford if he didn't pick it up. Ford eventually did. That assy line never built one Beetle. But it built a bunch of Tanks, troop carriers, and staff cars. Sorry to turn the post! But since it was about HATE, and Patriotic American loving Ford, I thought people would be Interested in some of the history of Ford Motor Company. In all fairness, FMC wasn't alone in their Pro German sympathies. I'm a History major, and this is sadly very true. Now MOPAR, was all out anti NAZI! The B-29 (engines) among many other vehicles was proof of that. If you see old pre war film of German officials in the day, they were frequently driving Fords!

What I HATE about the new Chally's is those that own them won't post an E.T. on my other thread, "how'd ya run against this" .. lol

The lack of response actually answers your question. The vast majority of the owners don't care what the car runs in the quarter, and will never take it to the track. Same way with the majority of the Mustang owners.

I've owned dozens of 60s and 70s high performance Mopars, some pretty highly built, and never took one of them to the track. When I bought my Rallye Redline, I considered an SRT. When I really honestly thought about why I was wanting it I realized there was only one real reason.....when asked about the car I wanted to be able to say 'yeah, it's got the BIG Hemi' So, it was just to stroke my ego, I wasn't going to race it, and there is nowhere I could drive it and fully use it's capabilities. So I decided it was really a waste of money for me.

Back to 'what I hate about the new Challenger'. I hate that the so called 'real' Mopar guys gripe about seeing them at shows, wasting their time having to walk by them to see the 'real' cars. Don't they realize their precious vintage Mopar was once a new car, bought by a proud new owner? These so called 'real mopar' guys have become the Corvette guys of 20 years ago. lol :banghead:

Dallas

being old we need patience from the younger crowd. In the early 70' when you went to a car show, nobody showed Darts,Chargers, or Roadrunners. Just old cars! 1920's thru the 50's, but no 1-4 year old cars. I don't care that the newer ones are there, I would prefer they weren't made the primary focus by the clubs.

The lack of response actually answers your question. The vast majority of the owners don't care what the car runs in the quarter, and will never take it to the track. Same way with the majority of the Mustang owners.

But not one??? Not one???? Then buy the V6 and 4get the hemi.... Sighhhhh

I thought that would be good! In reality he was pro-Nazi. In the years 36-38 Ford recruited German speaking Ford Employees from Detroit to go to Germany to build the new assy lines for the Beetle, as Hitler admired American production . And Ford Admired Hitler.
When the War started, Ford dragged it's feet to mobilize, So Roosevelt threatened to Nationalize Ford if he didn't pick it up. Ford eventually did. That assy line never built one Beetle. But it built a bunch of Tanks, troop carriers, and staff cars. Sorry to turn the post! But since it was about HATE, and Patriotic American loving Ford, I thought people would be Interested in some of the history of Ford Motor Company. In all fairness, FMC wasn't alone in their Pro German sympathies. I'm a History major, and this is sadly very true. Now MOPAR, was all out anti NAZI! The B-29 (engines) among many other vehicles was proof of that. If you see old pre war film of German officials in the day, they were frequently driving Fords!

I had read quite a bit of the history you mention here so I knew the basis of your comment. Somehow it just struck me as really funny when you posted it. I'm still laughing.
Dallas

Insane68, I HATE that picture..... you could only make it worse by putting a new Chally in the back ground...

Exactly what I did. lol
Did you read the link to Challengertalk (IIRC) that was posted? There are several guys on there that take their cars to the track. The guys that race their Challengers aren't likely to be on an a-body site.
Dallas

being old we need patience from the younger crowd. In the early 70' when you went to a car show, nobody showed Darts,Chargers, or Roadrunners. Just old cars! 1920's thru the 50's, but no 1-4 year old cars. I don't care that the newer ones are there, I would prefer they weren't made the primary focus by the clubs.

Very true. (And we need to show the younger guys some patience too. ) My problem is with the old guys I have heard very audibly griping (making sure the young guys with the newer cars heard them) that the new cars shouldn't be allowed in the show. I'm talking a general show, not a year or model specific show. Then, these same old guys saying they just couldn't understand why there weren't any younger guys attending shows. :banghead: BTW, fyi, I am an old guy, just not 'that' old guy.
Dallas

Exactly what I did. lol
Did you read the link to Challengertalk (IIRC) that was posted? There are several guys on there that take their cars to the track. The guys that race their Challengers aren't likely to be on an a-body site.
Dallas
I understand, but this site is full of B-body E.T's, truck E.T's, Old E-body E.T's, Aspen E.T's, and what have you.... I was originally going to try to make an intelligent point with that thread without ever saying it (the point). But, without the results on the "how'd ya run against this" thread, I went another route and did this "Why I hate" thread... And it has been fun for me, and hopefully others..... now back to the hate.... I hate the seat belts in the new Challys, why didn't they make them like the 1970 seat belts, then I bet they would have had higher sells. I hate them, try to buckle and it's just horrific!!!!:axe:

I hate the seat belts in the new Challys, why didn't they make them like the 1970 seat belts, then I bet they would have had higher sells. I hate them, try to buckle and it's just horrific!!!!:axe:[/B]

I forgot about the seatbelts! I hate that the new ones retract like they were designed to, instead of not fully retracting like the ones in my '70 Challenger. Where is the fun if you can't slam the door on them and ruin your sill plates???
Dallas

People forget though that the NAZIS (like the KKK) began as peaceful organizations and were later corrupted. The NAZIS began as nothing more than the union for the workers. It was Hitler and his minions tat turned them into what they became.

Likewise, with the KKK, people wrongly give Nathan Bedford Forrest credit for founding it. That's incorrect. It was originally founded as a Christian men's group to watch after widows and children and the like. It was Nathan Bedford Forrest who came in later and steered it to what we know it is today.

Ok. Sorry for the off track.

The lack of response actually answers your question. The vast majority of the owners don't care what the car runs in the quarter, and will never take it to the track.

Or it could be that they are embarrassed that the new Challengers are the slowest kid on the block.

Maybe the owners like the extra passing power. Or the sound of the v-8 over the v-6. Hell with the mds the Hemi probably isn't all that hard on gas. The srt I delivered to sc got clost to 25mpg and no cylinders shut down on the 6.1.

I've read that the core demographic is 50 + males and for the most part it gets loaded up with options. So...most likely a car for Sunday cruises and car shows. Younger guys that want to mod and go fast get Mustangs and Camaros.

Just look at the aftermarket. Which one is cheaper to mod? Nuff said.

Or it could be that they are embarrassed that the new Challengers are the slowest kid on the block.

I can't speak for everyone, of course, but it doesn't embarrass me, I just don't care. lol

Sometime, somewhere, there is always someone faster :burnout:
Dallas

Maybe the owners like the extra passing power. Or the sound of the v-8 over the v-6. Hell with the mds the Hemi probably isn't all that hard on gas. The srt I delivered to sc got clost to 25mpg and no cylinders shut down on the 6.1.

All very true. Still, I doubt 99% of them ever see the track.
Dallas

People forget though that the NAZIS (like the KKK) began as peaceful organizations and were later corrupted. The NAZIS began as nothing more than the union for the workers. It was Hitler and his minions tat turned them into what they became.

Likewise, with the KKK, people wrongly give Nathan Bedford Forrest credit for founding it. That's incorrect. It was originally founded as a Christian men's group to watch after widows and children and the like. It was Nathan Bedford Forrest who came in later and steered it to what we know it is today.

Ok. Sorry for the off track.

True, it's sad that over time, a lot of good things tend to turned into something very different from what the founding fathers intended.
Dallas

All very true. Still, I doubt 99% of them ever see the track.
Dallas

ummmm. thats what i was saying. he asked why not buy a 6cyl if you're not going to take it to the track. i stated a few reasons why to buy the 5.7 over the 6cyl even if it will never see the track.

who really cares anyway? its the owners money. he spent it the way he wanted to, he can park the car in a field for 40 years if he wants. personally i don't give a crap what you do with your car or spend your money on. now if ya ask my opinion thats a different story. i'll give ya as honest opinion as i can without being concerned if its going to hurt someone's feelings or not..

Back to 'what I hate about the new Challenger'. I hate that the so called 'real' Mopar guys gripe about seeing them at shows, wasting their time having to walk by them to see the 'real' cars. Don't they realize their precious vintage Mopar was once a new car, bought by a proud new owner? These so called 'real mopar' guys have become the Corvette guys of 20 years ago. lol :banghead:

Dallas

If folks want to look at a new challenger, they can go to a dealership ..and laugh at what the dealerships are asking for it..

I dislike being charged to see them at car shows regardless of how proud the owners are...and at their current price, they are certainly not owned by the young but more likely, the gold chain crowd...

At the last show I was at, I don't think there was anything past the late 70s...

I can't speak for everyone, of course, but it doesn't embarrass me, I just don't care. lol

Sometime, somewhere, there is always someone faster :burnout:
Dallas

Exactly. That's how I would feel if I had one. .........and I would love to have one, regardless of how fast/quick or slow they are. Maybe my ship will come in.

-
Back