Why is this happening?!!Please help.

-
i got a carter 5-7 psi pump off craigslist for 40 bucks, never had fuel through it, and a holley fuel regulator for 20 from the same guy. i think 5-7 psi of fuel pressure may be a bit much for a 1 barrel carb, im not sure, but auto zone sells nice little electric pumps for around 35 bucks. new stock pumps are cheap, and to be honest, i have gotten bad ones right out of the box. you can always pull the line off the tank and the inlet off the pump and plug it, rig up some compressed air ,and pressurize the fuel line to find any pinholes and also to blow the line out, and go from there. you can also pressurize the tank itself to dislodge any obstructions going to the fuel pump.
Carefull trying to pressurize a fuel tank. You can split a seam or crack the brass float doing that. On your engine noise.....take off the fan belt and fire the engine up to see if you still have the noise. If you do, it's not the water pump or alternator!

but auto zone sells nice little electric pumps for around 35 bucks.

Is that one of those Mr. Gasket fuel pumps you're talking about? Those things are total crap and have about a 12 hour life span.

The skidloader here at the shop ate 9 of those Mr. Gasket electric pumps, I think the last one survived a week (about 8 - 10 hours of total run time) after that we ditched the electric pump and ran a vacuum powered fuel pump on the engine instead.

you can also pressurize the tank itself to dislodge any obstructions going to the fuel pump.

Carefull trying to pressurize a fuel tank. You can split a seam or crack the brass float doing that.!

The best advice is NEVER pressurize a tank. It takes VERY little air pressure, only 1-2psi --

73Abod talked about pressuizing the DISCONNECTED supply tube, and THAT is a good idea. Also, it doesn't hurt to blow back through the line and sender IF you pull the cap off, but if there's junk in the tank, that is hardly a long term cure.

The best advice is NEVER pressurize a tank. It takes VERY little air pressure, only 1-2psi --

73Abod talked about pressuizing the DISCONNECTED supply tube, and THAT is a good idea. Also, it doesn't hurt to blow back through the line and sender IF you pull the cap off, but if there's junk in the tank, that is hardly a long term cure.
yes , with the supply unhooked , to blow out any chunks or tank debri , or crap in the lines. if there is rust in the tank, it will be never ending. you can usually, immediately tell if the gas is even remotely lightly orange tinted. i have had rusted tanks, and they are nothing nice.

Is that one of those Mr. Gasket fuel pumps you're talking about? Those things are total crap and have about a 12 hour life span.
its been awhile since i bought one of those little guys, i dont recall if it was a Mr Gasket or not, but it worked good for me. i found a brand new carter for dirt cheap, and plumbed it in.

Yeh it was my water pump. I put another one on and noise is gone. Got another problem now. Water pump bolt hole in block is stripped out. Its the bigger bolt/ 5/8 head. Leaking all over and cant tighten the bolt. Should i buy a heli coil kit, or is there some other quick fix I can try. Its the only leak. Damn, if its not one thimg its another

That not the only poblem. My wifes 97 isuzu rodeo's clutch pedal is going str8 to the floor and the slave cylenderleaked out all the fluid. Im guessing she just needs a new clutch kit. I doubt its only the slave cylender that is the problem. I hate shade tree clutch jobs. I need to put a lift in my backyard.

That not the only poblem. My wifes 97 isuzu rodeo's clutch pedal is going str8 to the floor and the slave cylenderleaked out all the fluid. Im guessing she just needs a new clutch kit. I doubt its only the slave cylender that is the problem. I hate shade tree clutch jobs. I need to put a lift in my backyard.
Why would you think it needs a clutch kit.If the fluid is drained you won't have a clutch works like brakes no fluid no worky.

Yeh it was my water pump. I put another one on and noise is gone. Got another problem now. Water pump bolt hole in block is stripped out. Its the bigger bolt/ 5/8 head. Leaking all over and cant tighten the bolt. Should i buy a heli coil kit, or is there some other quick fix I can try. Its the only leak. Damn, if its not one thimg its another
Heli coils are your best bet.Fix it right the first time and you won't have to work on it again.

Her clutch has been sliiping for a while now. Im hoping its just a slave cylender. Can a faulty slave cyl cause 1st gear slippage if the resevoir is not low.

Her clutch has been sliiping for a while now. Im hoping its just a slave cylender. Can a faulty slave cyl cause 1st gear slippage if the resevoir is not low.
It shouldn't slip if the tank is full or low.Only thing I can think of is if the plunger was sticking when you push the pedal but that is not likely sounds like the clutch is gone and the reason you don't feel it slip in higher gears is because 1st gear has the most strain on it ie:trying to get the car moving,lower gear.

-
Back