Why oh why. Sudden oil pressure drop.

-
I would of thought with a broken pickup, he would of had "0" pressure. A crack yes. He must of finished breaking it off for the photo.
I did not intentionally break it off for the photo. I also did not hear it drop into the pan. But I did have to drop the pan down and slide it out to get it out and it may have bumped it a bit and fell in. The picture is what I saw when I looked at the pan. Either way, I am glad I found it before I blew it up.

I will make sure to prime but I will use the drill method as that is all I have. Going to be a couple weeks before the new pan and pickup arrive.
Kent the local O'Reily's auto parts store has the pressure feed system on their loan a tool program. I made one years ago out of an old R12 refrigerant tank

Kent the local O'Reily's auto parts store has the pressure feed system on their loan a tool program. I made one years ago out of an old R12 refrigerant tank
I will check it out. Thank you

When you use a "pressure prime system" you are not testing the pump or the pickup.
I've never seen the point of using that system, in fact I've just pointed out two reasons why you wouldn't use it.

Someone just posted in another thread they would pay to or three times for parts made in USA. I would too, but it sure would slow my project time way down. lol
Unfortunately you can't support a business for the "someone" when the masses will just buy the cheap ones instead.

Unfortunately you can't support a business for the "someone" when the masses will just buy the cheap ones instead.
And that is the purpose of Import Duties, to level the playing field so that countries that: use child labor, abuse the environment and or subsidize export items do not have an unfair advantage. Now if we only had a Federal Government that placed a priority on protecting its own citizens…..

And that is the purpose of Import Duties, to level the playing field so that countries that: use child labor, abuse the environment and or subsidize export items do not have an unfair advantage. Now if we only had a Federal Government that placed a priority on protecting its own citizens…..
Well that would be nice, even in the part of the World where I live, but big business will just complain it's unfair to them, and they'd like a world where Joe average works for a bowl of soup a day, because in their eyes, that's all Joe deserves..
As long as Super Pacs and businesses fiance politicians, then your going to get fucked over..
As long as people demand cheap stuff then the businessmen of the Would will line up to take advantage of it. The Dollar General demands it!!!

-
Back