Why on this site

-

Mrmopartech

Reaction score
If the adminastration can explain this one to me and others it would be great.
As i click onto the forums page,and read the topics,at the top of the page is a constant scrolling GM of Canada add showing all the makes of cars.Now if this was a GM site,its great,but a mopar site,Some one has dropped the ball big time here,as some one is looking dam stupid allowing GM advertising on a MOPAR site.I guess the next step is we all move over the GM site and talk about mopars,Mrmopartech

Id like to hekp you out but I dont see hwat your talking about. The adds on the site rotate and Joey probably cant control what add shows.

I have norton and other blockers and it comes on every time I am on today post.Its a 1 inch by 6 inch add.Its pissing me off.And i want to know why.Mrmopartech

When you go to this topic,under the "why on this site " and under that is general Discusion,the add is theire all the time,it does not change,just keeps scrolling and the same info and showing the same GM cars.The advertising is for GM canada.I am trying to get my buddy who is a IT tech to see whats going on?Any thoughts.And a nother thing,no other site has this problem,if it was a problem on my end,any site I would go to would have some type of add?

HOLY COW!!!
Are you fellas blind?
It's on the top of the thread. Advertising GM warranties, and financing. I have to side with Frenchy on this one,doesn't look good on a Mopar site. I've seen this kind of thing in Mopar magazines also.
But.....if it helps keep this awesome site running,I can live with them.

Thats strange that it keeps showing that add. The adds rotate and I have never seen one with a picture just words.

Ok,so a nother person see it,so I am not nuts,sorry to disappiont you fellows,and some do not,still no solution,Mrmopartech
Adam,email me your phone number and I will call you on it,Mrmopartech

I believe you that your seeing it. Its just not showing on my page.

Is it still showing ?

I see the box you're talking about but mine is empty. I wonder if my computer is blocking it. Try this, If you're computer has been updated to the Windows SP2, go to the tools tab at the top of the screen click and select pop up blocker from the drop down then select turn on pop up blocker.

Well the adds run from Google and use words found on the page to decide what add to show. This way the adds have to do with what your reading to some extent. Im not sure why your getting one add and Im getting something else however it seems like only you Canadians can see the GM add, LOL So move to the US and it will go away :blackeye:

Actually I tried removing your Canadian flags to see if thats what google was picking up on but it didnt work. It may have to do with the info in your profiles or something if its the same add on every page but like I said Im not seeing it and my adds change every time I refresh the page.

Okay the reason I'm not seeing it is because the Ad Blocker (not pop up blocker) feature of Norton 2006 is actually blocking it. Nice Eh.

Now that I do see it I'm pissed off to. GM Canada can :butthead:

here is what i see........

Snap12.jpg

I haven't been on here in for evvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr but when I read stuff like this it makes me want to visit alot more often.
It has to be a Canuk thing! I disabled my pop up blocker, firefox, everything I could think of and nothing. Try to talk to that socialized GM run gov't you got there and let us know how it goes. LMAO

Canadian here, and I don't see it either.

I see the same as posted in the earlier post.

Even if there is a gm ad, so what?

Isn't the content of the site more important? Is the advertising crucial to the sites image? I don't care if there's an ad for panty hose across the top of the page.

I won't be buying any, so who cares?

dave571 said:
Even if there is a gm ad, so what?

Isn't the content of the site more important? Is the advertising crucial to the sites image? I don't care if there's an ad for panty hose across the top of the page.

I won't be buying any, so who cares?

I was waiting for someone to say this.. theres a point and its quite simple. this is a MOPAR site not a gm its annoying. i dont pay attention to it but i probably would if it was victorias secret. LoL
anyone find out the secret yet??
but i would probably be happier if there were hemi adds up there.. fo' sho

Cerwin

I know what's going on, it's a Taliban plot and the next thing they'll be showing us are 11 vestile virgins and a pear tree we better go to hard orange. Hold it I think I'm getting my religions all mixed up. I just heard a knock on the door after I typed Taliban, quick flush the weed, ya see it's a big conspiracy.

-
Back