Why on this site

-
demon seed said:
I know what's going on, it's a Taliban plot and the next thing they'll be showing us are 11 vestile virgins and a pear tree. Hold it I think I'm getting my religions all mixed up. I just heard a knock on the door after I typed Taliban, ya see it's a big conspiracy.

The government has a filter on your computer and if you say bomb or president.. or anything like that even something as simple as wedgy.. they come looking for you.. the world is full of conspiracies.. like elmo and bernie.. i bet ya ten bucks they are gay. but youll never find the truth

good point demon seed.. good point

I'm pretty sure the word is AD...is aint that korrect??

Ya, I'm not seeing it either. I see what 7demon2 posted, but when I go to the second page of the thread it shows a big mopar banner.

Lee

I don't see it either, I am in Washington State, I think your right Adam I think you have to be in Canada to see it.

Dave571,maybe if you where i the panty hose and laying across the top of the page it would be ok,but we have not seen your legs yet,even with those bad vains,mrmopartech

Here what we see. An ugly GM add to this Mopar site.

This seem to be part of the web site. It seem the owner of this web site subscribed to an Add program and probably submitted some key words for this site description. (Cars, Mopar, etc...)

As a result some user will get some add if their broswer meet some criteria.

In this case this is a GM canada Add and any users comming form a canadian internet provider will get it..

I beleive the owner of this web site should review their subcription to their ad program..

Here's a screenshot of the add.

gmadd.jpg

Crusader02 said:
Here what we see. An ugly GM add to this Mopar site.

This seem to be part of the web site. It seem the owner of this web site subscribed to an Add program and probably submitted some key words for this site description. (Cars, Mopar, etc...)

As a result some user will get some add if their broswer meet some criteria.

In this case this is a GM canada Add and any users comming form a canadian internet provider will get it..

I beleive the owner of this web site should review their subcription to their ad program..

Here's a screenshot of the add.

Damn! I see why you guys are annoyed! All we have is text and it's easy to ignore, but that's a big gaudy banner EWW!

Nothing like this is showing in my browser (FireFox). Even if it was it is not that incongruous. After all, this is NOT really a MOPAR site, as it were, but a very specific MOPAR site - A-Bodies! And A-Bodies have not been made by what is now DC for a very long time. Many folks here I bet have O/T Mopar vehicles besides their A-Body/ies, right? Why would someont NOT purchase a new Chevy, or for that matter, Ford, Honda, BMW, or whatever, in addition to their MOPAR?

Because Dartley, we are Mopar crazy, and Mopar guys like ALL Mopars. We despise them other makes, or we wouldn't be complaining.....MOPAR OR NO CAR.....or ad.

If that's tongue-in-cheek, then disregard my further reply below; otherwise ...

I s'pose "we" does not include all of us, because I don't share your feelings. I have four Mopars now and for the last 30 years have had little else. But that certainly would not stop me from buying an off-brand as a new vehicle, or enjoying driving and looking at other vintage vehicles as well, be they Fords, Jaguars, Porches ... whatever. I like MOPARS because I like MOPARS, not because I think they are intrinsically better. And I an not entire sure that I prefer MOPARS newer than 1976 to other makes at all, FTM.

A-Bodies were especially well made vehicles. The B-Bodies were too. That can't be said matter-of-factly about "all" MOPARS, any more than about any other make.

But you can think what you like. I will respect that.

I think what the guys mean that don't like the ad like me is, that it is nice to have an outlet and a spot for like people to talk and see like things. For example if I went to a non-smoking bar so I could enjoy myself with other non-smokers, then comes along a smoker in the bar and lights up. I don't care if the guy is a smoker in general it's his choice just not here. Even though there is some people in the bar that doesn't care if he smokes it doesn't matter please leave.

Point well taken. At any rate, it seems to me that it dosn't show up for most of us anyway.

So I guess all of the members that though I was nuts for seeing a GM add on the site can now by me and crusader a couple of cold ones at their expense,Mrmopartech

I know you are not nuts, but hell, I still owe you a beer at Moparfest.

And Dartley, when I said we, I meant us who are absolutely MOPAR crazy. Era for era, mopars have always been superior to the others in North America. Just the sight of GM ads makes me ill, by the way, but I understand your plight Adam. You guys still have the best site on the net.

Mrmopartech said:
So I guess all of the members that though I was nuts for seeing a GM add on the site can now by me and crusader a couple of cold ones at their expense,Mrmopartech

:drinkers: :drinkers: Here ya go !!

Mrmopartech, I can lend you a piece of tape to put over the banner.....like puttin tape over the check engine light..lol Cheers... It's not the worst thing. :wav:

Mrmopartech said:
Dave571,maybe if you where i the panty hose and laying across the top of the page it would be ok,but we have not seen your legs yet,even with those bad vains,mrmopartech

You don't want to see that man.....LOL

Yep, got it here in New Brunswick to. I think we should all go over to a Chevy site and start talking about our Mopars and tell the Chevy guy's why. It would drive them nuts. I would bet that we would all get banned real quick. LOL
As far as the ad goes. I just don't pay attention to it. It sure isn't going to convert me now.

Jack

AdamR said:
Sorry it bothers you guys but there is nothing I can do about it.

Just curious ... why does it seem only Canadians are seeing this (or am I mistaken on that one?), and why is it you can't do anything about it? Is it because it's being posted indirectly via the Google or something?

~Bill

-
Back