why so much

-

cowest432

Reaction score
=P~hi all,being new to the 340 a body group i just have to say holy smokes these suckers are expensive,was as a 440 b body person for years and the cost was high then,but the 340 damn!!!,can someone explain this,i know the 340 wasn't around as long but jeez.

Yeah, pretty much what 70aarcuda said. The 340 was around for only 6 years and earned a reputation as a mean little motor. So, when you find one now, you'll usually have to shuck out a nice wad of cash to get it........that's just the way it is.

They are getting hard to find. Not a lot of them made. Not a lot of them left. Rust and accidents have clamed a lot of them as has drag racing. So to find a # matching 340 car that is still in original shap is hard to do any more.

Just mentioning the word, Mopar, and the price seems to go up!

And if you do buy a 340 a-body you'll find it a lot of fun spanking them 440 b-bodies..i did :-D

340 spank a 440? my b body 65 satt was a 11.5 street car that saw only one 340 demon try and the demon was second that night,,have any of you guys hit central ave in yonkers,early to mid 80's?or the HUTCH?,,anyway like the title says HOPE YOUR RIGHT

the biggest 1 expense was a grand put into the heads and intake,again early 80's,the car came with .030 12-5 manleys,i added D.C. 312-590 lift cam,hooker race headers,4200 stall,man shift auto,ss springs 8-3/4 with 5.57 posi,yes i know gears were to big but the 4.88's and cam wouldn't work,that's all i could find,,don't get me wrong i parted with the car[only] and want to see how 340's run and needed a change,but wanted to stay MOPAR

-
Back