Why some guy shouldn't own welders.

-

Badart

Reaction score
You are not going to believe this. I got into this project super cheap. The previous owner was planning on running 295-60-15 tires on this dart. So he flipped the axle perchs and removed the spring shackles in the back and welded them solid. WTF? This is why some guys should not be able to work on anything but a ricer. So I have to pull the axle, mount some new perchs, grind off his welds around the shackle mounts are hope that they are not jacked. WOW! ](*,)

Dart day 1 back.jpg

Stupid.jpg

Stupid1.jpg

Stupid2.jpg

wow... those shock mounts are purrrdy... lol... I kinda like the bi-directional exhaust.. one tip up, one tip down LOL ... yeah your right, that dude made a mess for sure

LOL, somehow he managed to have it sitting relatively straight. Judging by the rear view pic.
That is priceless, must've put in a few hours to accomplish that.

I am still baffled by this. I wonder if the guy drove the car with the rear springs like this? It can't be safe. This morning was the first chance I had to get a really close look under the car. All in all it's pretty solid. Most of the changes that he made are easy fixes. The 3" exhaust hooker super comp headers and an exhaust kit from summit. The reason the exhaust pipes are not straight is because he installed them crooked. When I pull the rear I will pull the exhaust and weld it up properly while the rear is out of the way. I just don't care for clamps. At least it does have new flowmasters, but the 3" is a little overkill for a mild 318.

I think that guy actually worked harder doing it the wrong way than he would have doing it right. Notice the re-used shock mounts flipped upside down to re-use the old u-bolts

"Notice the re-used shock mounts flipped upside down to re-use the old u-bolts"

LMAO. I didn't notice that when I looked under the car. That is classy.

Looking at those pics closer, I see even more parts that you can use off of that dart sport. The guy really did a number on that. Still got a good deal though.

I would not drive that car like that. That guy did not have a clue how a leaf spring suspention works.

I would not drive that car like that. That guy did not have a clue how a leaf spring suspention works.

I don't plan on driving it until it is fixed right. When I was towing it home I was wondering why the rear of the Dart was bouncing off the ground when I hit a bump in the road. He He

-
Back